Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Im not hungry

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Its recently come to my attention that iv lost weight, a whole stone in fact (im now 8 stone 12). My mum and grandparents have alerted me about it and my mum now thinks im anorexic, balemic and everything else.

To be honest, i know i lost a little weight but i didnt think it was a problem, its now obviously a problem. The reason is because i just dont feel hungry anymore, i wake up and go to college everyday and dont eat NOTHING until about 5pm when i start to get hungry.

Yes i know its a problem, but how can i sort myself out?

Thanx :)

Comments

• Options
    Hi there
    It sounds like you should make an appointment with your GP to discuss this. Although you mey not feel hungry, your body still needs fuel in order to function properly and not eating all day will have severe effects if it carries on for too long. The best way to fuel your body throughout the day is by having a good breakfast to set it up. Often this is the hardest routine to get into, but it will do wonders for your energy levels.
    If you are concerned about your eating habits, the Eating Disorders Association will be able to provide advice and support. They have a helpline: 0845 634 1414 (8.30am-8.30pm weekdays) and a youth helpline for under 18s: 0845 634 7650 (4pm-6.30pm weekdays.
    www.edauk.com
    info@edauk.com

Take care
    Hannah Spanner
    :)
  • Options
    if you've actually lost your appetite rather than not wanting to eat, you should probably see a doctor, cause it can be caused by all sorts of things.

if he gives you the all clear, it's just a matter of forcing yourself to eat.
  • Options
    i'm in a similar situation, i'm about 9 1/2 stone now, and have lost about 1 stone in the last 6 months.
    it can become a bit of downward spiral, i used to be able to go 24 hours without having something to eat

i am eating more than i used to do, i went through a phase of eating very little. i would be able to manage breakfast, but this would seem to unsettle my stomach, (eating lunch at work used to make me feel bad) so i wouldn't eat anything else till i got back home on an evening.

i do have breakfast, always have done, "the most important meal of the day" as they say
    i've eaten more in the last 6 months than i did in the preceeding 6 months, but still seem to have lost weight.
    i think i have been using more energy, but i wouldn't have thought to the extent to make me lose so much.

at times i do worry, and i really don't want to lose anymore weight.
    also i agree with kaffrin (happy birthday by the way) that sometimes it's a case of 'forcing' yourself to eat. at times when i've not been hungry i have had something to eat because you know you have to.
  • Options
    Thanx for the replys, its not that im self conscious or anything i just dont get hingry and if i dont feel hungry i dont eat, but that can be a long time.

I will make sure i take the time in the morning to have something to eat, this might even raise my appetite during the day. Il just force myself to eat the proper meals.

Thanx for the replys i appreciate it :)

Oh by the way, im only 5ft 8in (short for someone who is nearly 18 i know). So its not as if i look like a cotton bud or anything.

Thanx again :)