Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Why must it be so hard?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Why must it be so hard to tell someone you like them?

Thees this girl I have known for most of my life and I really like her. I used to have a crush on her but I got a knockback from her ages ago because she was seeing someone. She split up with him ages ago and I was wondering how I could tell her that I had feelings for her. The only thing is her friend said she knew the girl fancied me but by the time I asked her it was too late. I don't know if she feels the same way still. I just want to find out and tell her.

Comments

• Options
    fear of rejection. its a big fear that hinders alot of peoples actions. oh yes.
  • Options
    just tell her and get it over with, chances are she will respect you for letting her know even if she doesnt feel the same way

get it off your chest and let us know how it goes
  • Options
    If you can't manage to tell her face to face, try and drop hints or talk to her friends about it, no doubt they'll tell her.
  • Options
    I understand how weird all this must feel mate, just think of it as "its either now or never". Its got me good places and bad but she will definately respect you for letting her know.
  • Options
    Yeh I'd just take the plunge and tell her. It can be nervewracking for sure but when it pays off (admittedly - you get rejected more than it pays off but nevermind :p) it's all worth it. If you've been told she likes you already that's a double :thumb: :)

Good luck whatever you decide to do - but bear in mind if you don't tell her you'll probably regret it and wish you had...
  • Options
    i'm in a similar situation, well slightly similar.

i recently split from my girlfriend, it was a mutual split, (it was a long distance relationship, and we were drifting apart and had a few 'issues' to resolve) and we are still friends. i haven't seen her since the start of january, but i will have the chance of seeing her in a couple of weeks.

i still think the world of her, she is always on my mind, and i still love her. the problem is this.
    i really want to talk to her, i've got things i want to say. i want to ask her out for a drink or something, but am really scared of the answer. i'm also in the middle of writing a letter to her, to explain exactly how i feel about her, and tell her how much she means to me. again i don't know if this is a good idea

i guess i've got nothing to lose (except maybe our friendship, which i don't want to lose), but i don't want to regret not telling how i feel.

i know there is no right or wrong answer, but i was jsut wondering if anyone had been through the same.
  • Options
    Fear of being told to fuck off, :yes:
  • Options
    how did you guess ?!?

(btw - how do i put a quote from a previous message into my message ?)
  • Options
    on someones post you click on the button on the bottom of it that says "quote". if you hold the mouse pointer over this button and it will say "reply w/quote". its next the the edit button and just below where it says "IP:logged"
    clicking here will bring you to the page you normally get when you click on reply, only it will contain the persons post.
    hope this helps you :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by spongebobsgirl
    on someones post you click on the button on the bottom of it that says "quote". if you hold the mouse pointer over this button and it will say "reply w/quote". its next the the edit button and just below where it says "IP:logged"
    clicking here will bring you to the page you normally get when you click on reply, only it will contain the persons post.
    hope this helps you :)

yes that does help - cheers
    (to celebrate i think i'll drink from my "lets's go jellyfishin' !!" spongebob mug) :)
  • Options
    yo jazz!

i haven't just come out and told anyone for ageeeeeeeees.
    its all about gettin gradually closer, learning to pick up the clues and give a few yourself.

sayin things that can mean something...or be innocent and seeing what the reaction is...

get txtin, get msn'n. you don't always just have to come out and tell them!