Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

cake

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I want to make my b/f a birthday cake (he'll be 21)..he doesn't really like chocolate though, any ideas for a really special nice cake I can make, not chocolate?

Comments

• Options
    Why not make a sponge cake and then put a really nice filling in it?and ice the top of it?
    Or have a look on the internet for cake recipes and see what you come up with...? There are some really nice types of cake out there...
    It also depends on how good you are at baking as to what type of cake it would be best for you to make...
    Have fun :D
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Hash Cake. You can't beat it.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    You can buy different cake mixes...some of them might be quite good. Although, thinking about it, most of them are by Cadburys, so they're chocolate :p

Umm, yeh, why not look through some recipe books, or on the net for something a bit different. :birthday:
  • Options
    Oooh, potty yogurt cake. it sounds really weird, but I made it in year 6, and ive been making it ever since. U take whatever flavour yogurt u like, and then u use it in the mixture. everything's measured in yogurt pots. easy to make, and so yummy!

Want a recipe, just ask :)
  • Options
    Re: cake
    Originally posted by PussyKatty
    I want to make my b/f a birthday cake (he'll be 21)..he doesn't really like chocolate though, any ideas for a really special nice cake I can make, not chocolate?

How about you covered in chocolate and strawberry edible body spread- I bet he'd enmjoyed eating that when he waked up in his room - I know I would :naughty:
  • Options
    sponge cake with jam and cream in the middle :yum:

if you're crafty enough, you could ice it all nicely and write him a message ;)
  • Options
    buy one. :D

kinda defeats the object though, hey. :p
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. I don't want to buy one, I know he would appreciate me making it, plus I have bought candles. Think I might go for the plain sponge with strawberry jam, hope it goes ok. I am not a great cook.
  • Options
    Sponge cake, coconut cake, carrot cake, upside-down cake, coffee cake, date and walnut cake...

There's lots of cakes.
  • Options
    Originally posted by PussyKatty
    I don't want to buy one, I know he would appreciate me making it, plus I have bought candles. Think I might go for the plain sponge with strawberry jam, hope it goes ok. I am not a great cook.

see, i'm not the greatest cook either, and what i would do there is buy a plain sponge. then i'd put the jam in and ice it myself so he thought i'd done all the work :D
  • Options
    hmm thats a good idea, where would I get a plain sponge from?
  • Options
    supermarket, i reckon, or a bakery.
  • Options
    Re: Re: cake
    Originally posted by Docter Lurve
    How about you covered in chocolate and strawberry edible body spread- I bet he'd enmjoyed eating that when he waked up in his room - I know I would :naughty:
    And of course her boyfriend could provide the cream filling! :naughty:
  • Options
    I love sponge wiv jam n cream :D