Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Coming off different drugs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    Its a good start, but, well its a bit short on detail isnt it.

That and, well you know my feelings about TalktoFrank.

Oh, and you might want to include Ketamine which can be quite physically addictive and Benzo's which can be horrific.
  • Options
    what a pile of crap!
    the acid/shroom bit is nonsense as these drugs are actualy anti addictive!
    the heroin is bollox as well. most people who quit do it without medical supervision.
  • Options
    M. roll this time you actually are talking shite, bongbudda the one thing talk to frank can do well is tell you where you can go to get help on quitting drugs, they have extensive lists of contacts and resources.

However I shall pass your responses on to our expert freelancer

Susie :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Susie
    M. roll this time you actually are talking shite,

please explain.
    LSD is anti adictive. fact. you cannot trip on these things everyday ...they just stop working. you can eat a truck full ...they will not work. if you do these drugs once a week you can keep them working. start doing it any more than that and it becomes totaly useless ...no effect whatsoever. officialy ...medicaly ...anti addictive.
    heroin addiction ...i did need help. in the early 80's europe and more so the uk were flooded with heroin on a massive scale. thousands upon thousands upon thousands of addicts created. this is mostly people of my generation. please show me some evidence of all these people needing medical help to finaly quit the habbit.
    most people realised what a mess their lives had become and battled to stop ...most succeeded. in some cases taking a number of years to finaly be free. others do it in jail without any help whatsoever ...cold turkey. they are sometimes offered a place on the hospital wing ...which means you get a cell to yourself. nowadays they might even give you methadone i don't know. but until recently cold turkey was the only option ...and it works.
    things like valium you need medical help with but the vast majority of heroin addicts do it themselves.
    how do you think the addicts of the early 1900's and 1920's came of heroin? i can assure you there was little or no medical help available.
    so which bit is shite?
  • Options
    after giving this a bit more thought i'm not 100% sure that needed help either.
    i spent a year in jail ...the first month was the hell of cold turkey. heroin was available but i had made up my mind ...never again. so i didn't touch any for a whole year ...smoked a lot of weed though. on release i booked myself into a rehab clinic in the south of england to have counceling. just to make sure. i was determined to be very strong. eight week of very heavy group councselling sessions ...i was a new man. out of all the people i know i am the only one to have gone down the rehab road. the others did it their way.
    if you arrive at the rehab centre coming down ...you get three days methadone and then nothing medicinal at all. no medical support at all. this was a private and expensive clinic with a fantastic sucsess rate. still going strong.
    no doctors no psychiatrists.
    but ...should you arrive there as a valium addict then you get valium ...a very long and slow reduction course as valium is very dangerous to come off without medical supervision.