Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Technical Help - Wrong Place I know

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Look guys, I'm posting this the wrong place. I know it. You know it. Pretty soon the Mods will pick up on it too.

So, any chance someone can help me quickly before they catch on?

I have a picture - attached - which I need to have a trans[arent background for. I'm writing a presentation which mentions that the NHS is run by headless chickens and I don't wnat my chickens running around with a white background.

Does anyone know how I can remove it?

Comments

• Options
    yeah. it will look naff though.
  • Options
    See what you mean. Imbedded it but the white edges kill it.

I have adobe paintshop, can I take time and remove the whole background outside the black outline?

If so, how?
  • Options
    Of course, the other option is to have a white background on my slide, but that doesn't fit with the rest of the presentation...
  • Options
    You could kill the dots around the edges but it would take more time and patience than I currently have.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist
    You could kill the dots around the edges but it would take more time and patience than I currently have.

Appreciate that, and thanks for the help you have give so far.

How do I do that using Adobe?
  • Options
    Powerpoint.

Overheads? How quaint ;):p
  • Options
    You say havinga white background isn't an option so why not colour the background of the jpg to the same as your slide background. Send the jpg in the powerpoint slide to the background and hopefully Bob's your Aunties husband.
  • Options
    I'm trying to be clever here and use the Lock and Key background in powerpoint.

The subliminal message I want to send is that I have the key which will unlock many of the NHS problems...

... of course this means that I cannot match the background because... well see the attached...
  • Options
    what colour do you want the background? or do you want it transparent? or mounted on another image? let me know, i could do it rather quickly
  • Options
    Ahhhh. I see now. You will want a transparent jpg then :yes: Sounds like Eul's your man
  • Options
    No attachment. Sorry.

Its a background which filters from a light to dark blue... hence the need for transparency
  • Options
    Try again...
  • Options
    Sometimes Internet Explorer doesnt like png files, but powerpoint should have no worries, infact, i tested it :)

Edit: Just right click, save as then insert into powerpoint
  • Options
    That will do nicely, many thanks.

Now, if any of you ever want to spend a whole day learning how to understand variation in capacity and demand, how to understand processess and make changes in a complex adaptive system, let me know and I'll run through the 100-odd slides with you.

Oh, we do play a couple of "games" as part of the day, so there is some "fun" involved...
  • Options
    No thanks, you're welcome tho :)
  • Options
    You are still learning young padowan... search for a BACKGROUND ERASER in your graphics application (PSP8+ and PS6+ both have one)
  • Options
    :no: I fear the force is weak in this one....