Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

feeling down

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi, im a third year at uni and im not a happy boy. Feel I have few friends here and my best friends are at home, I get on with my house mates but they seem much closer to each other, my friends at home seem to be on a different level, my housemates act like they are 16 not 21...guess I didnt choose well 2 years ago! Anyway, really wanted someone to tell me to stop being silly and that I don't have much time left so grin and bear it etc...James

Comments

• Options
    If you're down because you're lonely it's not being silly, I'd recommend reading the rest of the website because there's some good stuff on beating loneliness and improving self esteem.
  • Options
    hiya!

maybe you could join a club...get to know people with the same interests as you? Or how about organising a night out with your flatmates....maybe with just one of them...get to know them a bit better again. Do you work? Could you get to know people at work a bit more? Sit with new people in your classes. Its hard in 3rd year to do that because it feels like everyone has already made their class friends, but you could maybe try :)

Im in 3rd year too....and im grinning and bearing it. I cant wait for next June when its all finally over! I would say try not to worry too much because it WILL all be over soon enough.

Hope some of that helps :)
  • Options
    It does seem like it's too late to join clubs as I have 8 weeks of lectures and exams left before it's all over. I try and get time alone with one housemate but the other one always seems to come along...somehow. Thanks for your help though, will grin and bear it.
  • Options
    The last few months of uni are always quite an unsettling time, though - these feelings could be emerging as a result of subconscious anxiety about leaving and moving on. Our staying friends section has lots of useful features that may help to reassure you right now.
    :)