Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

stuff to do

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So I don't know what loopy thing this goes so i put it here. anwyays, my brother is coming down for a few days and i dont want him to be bored oaut of his mind. the daily day of me and my roomate consists of siting around, siting round some mroe, drinking or somking and watching some cartoons. fun for me, yes, but probly not fun for other people. So i also know that probably not a large nu;mber of you have been to Chicago, but what are some general ideas of shit to do. bars are a no as he is the only one old eoung.

Comments

• Options
    Monopoly/Recreational drugs
  • Options
    ok, lets put it this way, if you were going to visit your younger sister at her house, what would bore you to death and what would be fun for you. would you expect her to go out of the way to make sure you have a good time, or would just doing the "regular" be good.
  • Options
    As bars and clubs are off the list of things to do, then you should look for things to do during the day. Fill the days up with plenty to do, then you'll be too tired to do anything in the evening/night anyway.
    Surely you have something along the lines of tourist information in your city. Get a load of brochures from them, or visit their website (most cities have websites nowadays). I'll bet there are things you didn't even know about, which'll add to your experiences, and better than sitting in watching cartoons.
  • Options
    so honestly, lets say we go to the sears tower and eat there and maybe a museum or two... honestly, would that bore you to death? i hate touristy things. especially with the weirdos that hang round there asking for money. But you think it would be semi enjoyable? I just have like emense respect for my brother, hes way awsome in my eyes, and when he said hed come down i was way excited and i dont want him to leave thinking, damn i was bored as fuck, or damn, i can't believe we did dumb shit like that... ya know.
  • Options
    Well, it's better than nothing. What about shopping? Or at least window shopping. That should take at least a day. Museums can be boring, unless they're something specific that he may be interested in. Sears tower is a good one, it'll kill a morning or afternoon.
    Have you spoken with him, and asked him what he'd like to do? What does he normally do?
  • Options
    go and watch Jerry springer being filmed - isnt that in chicago?
    or maybe theres some show that he would want to see.
    I dont think you need to provide non stop entertainment for him though, hell probably want to just be with you, and if thats chilling out and watching cartoons thats ok. I wouldnt want to do that every day though if i was visiting someone, as you can do that anywhere. You could just go out and try and find something to do - like an adventure.
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    so honestly, lets say we go to the sears tower and eat there and maybe a museum or two... honestly, would that bore you to death?

Nope, I'd love that, but then I'm peculiar :p
  • Options
    bowling
    cinema
    swimming
    shopping

can u do these things in chicago tho?
  • Options
    Chicago must have plenty of things to do anyway, I mean being a city and all.
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    ok, lets put it this way, if you were going to visit your younger sister at her house, what would bore you to death and what would be fun for you. would you expect her to go out of the way to make sure you have a good time, or would just doing the "regular" be good.

If I had a sister and was visiting fun things for me would involve my sister inviting all her girl-friends round, getting drunk and playing naked twister (Obviously have to give the sister some money to goto the pics as wouldn't want to see her naked :yuck: ) :D

Why not ask him what he wants to do? Maybe all he really wants to do is sit about, get drunk and watch cartoons.
  • Options
    Originally posted by J
    Why does everyone want to get drunk all of a sudden? :confused:

What a great idea :D

Well go out somewhere different food-
    Your going to have to go out to eat either way really-

Ye mueseums are crap! I'd prefer cartoons!
    Shopping always works-
    Then maybe a little house party with a few videos or something
    Bowling-
    Ice Skating-
    What sort of stuff music sport wise he into?
  • Options
    id have sex :yes:

but after your post in health, errrm feed your fish :)
  • Options
    I quite liked Chicago when I was last there, a little bland perhaps but a nice place none the less.

Either of the two big towers are good, unless he has already done a big building, the CN Tower for example, then they are all a bit the same.

The museum on the outside of town, the natual history one, that was quite good I thought, but then some blokes might find it a bit dull.

I've also heard good things about the Modern Art museum as well, but I've not been there.

Obviously you could take him to the beach front and convince him the lake is clean and get him swimming, that would lead to hours of fun picking crap out of his hair.
  • Options
    i remember once when me and my mate got bus back from skatin, there was this dude from chicago, he thought our town was well scally. some kids ran off with the till off the bus with small change in it.

he says "man, you don't even leave an empty coke can around in towns like this"

my mate and him then talked about las vegas..........
  • Options
    Thats because the Mayor of Chicago is corrupt as fuck and will have you beaten to a pulp if you steal anything down town. Its stupidly safe because the crooks are too scared.

Although having said that, he's not as bad as his dad was. Hmm, a "riot" at the Democratic convention my ARSE! But then I'm sure none of you understand my ramblings anyway.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Thats because the Mayor of Chicago is corrupt as fuck and will have you beaten to a pulp if you steal anything down town. Its stupidly safe because the crooks are too scared.

Although having said that, he's not as bad as his dad was. Hmm, a "riot" at the Democratic convention my ARSE! But then I'm sure none of you understand my ramblings anyway.

and breeeatheeee
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda

well its better than getting stabbed while walking thru the alley from the garage back to your appt now isn't it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    id have sex :yes:

but after your post in health, errrm feed your fish :)

well its just my brother coming down, ya know, we're related and all, and then theres my roomate, who, well shes a girl... my sexual options are limited :p
  • Options
    Its not quite that simple though is it, yes there is a low crime rate on the street but millions are creamed of public works project every year and higher level criminals operate easily.

And of course you will know the details of the Democratic Convention where protesters were beaten senseless for no good reason on the instruction of the Mayor.
  • Options
    When my bro came to visit me in Edinburgh all he wanted to do was drink, so we did lots of that! But I also told him that one of the conditions for him coming to stay was that we had to do one touristy thing (cos I never seem to get round to doing anything touristy unless someone has come to visit). So we ended up going to the Camera Obscura which we both really enjoyed. So even if you think the touristy things are naff, try something! You might actually have fun!