Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Karaoke

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So you've had a few drinks, you're in the pub and there's a karaoke DJ on...

What do you sing?

Can you sing?

What's the most popular song and what's the worst song ever?

Comments

• Options
    White NoiseWhite Noise Posts: 624 Incredible Poster
    i'd probably leave :D
  • Options
    i can sing good, not brilliant but not bad, i can hold a note :D

id do robbie williams- hot fudge if they did that but they never do :mad:

but robbie williams-angles is the one that EVERY drunk guy does!!
  • Options
    I can't really sing...

but me and my friends have been known to do (very) drunken renditions of Whitney Houstons I Wanna Dance With Somebody, or Build Me Up Buttercup down my local pub on Sundays :D

Its quite a scary sight but a lot of fun <3
  • Options
    My old man bought us all a karaoke machine at chrimbo, i quite enjoyed doing it until my brothers now ex g/f kept trying to do a duet with me.... song of choice being "your the one that i want" :eek2:
  • Options
    i used to go to the karaoke on a friday with my mates and i always used to sing madonna - like a prayer, im a good singer, but not awesome, not what you would call star quality at all lol
  • Options
    Hehe well new years Eve 2001 and 12-15drunk guys in a huddle singing "atomic kitten - iternal flame" sad I know but it was classic :D

I got away with it being the youngest guy in the huddle :)
  • Options
    hmm, i had a couple of years worth of singing lessons but im a wee bit crap.
    any time we've done karaoke its been with bands etc.
    my favourite was when we got three guys to sing big spender while me and a friend played drums (two separate kits) and another girl played trumpet.

a musical bunch we are we are
  • Options
    nothing else matters by metallica i'd sing

yes i can sing

worst song would be my way by frank sinatra, espec. when sung by a bloke where i work :rolleyes: :p
  • Options
    Can't sing, so don't/won't do it
  • Options
    We have somebody who comes in to work who sounds exactly like Robbie Williams and another who impersonates Elvis. ;)

I used to do classical singing but smoking an excess of marijuana and cheap tobacco has killed my voice. I usually settle for songs by The Cure.
  • Options
    I cant sing for the life of me but my song would be Flashdance, thats a great song for karaoke :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonRat
    The Cure.

:heart:

Everyone should listen to that band.
  • Options
    I have been known to do a bit of frank sinarta new york new york! i bet frankie baby turns in his grave when i get on the mike. :D
  • Options
    Karaoke

Hi everybody and welcome to the Shrek in the Swamp Karaoke Dance Party!

Im gonna take things down a little bit with one of my favourites...

Don't go changin' to try and please me...
  • Options
    Yeah I do sing actually, but when it comes to pub karaoke....I'd have to be really drunk to do it, and then I wouldn't sound very good lol!
  • Options
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShIne
    :heart:

Everyone should listen to that band.

:heart: Ohhh yea! :heart:
  • Options
    as i'm not old enough for a bar *que the tears* i've never done that. and probaly wouldn't. but get me drunk (cuz thats almost hard to convince me to do :p) and i will sing my little heart out.
  • Options
    I was carried onto the stage to Karaoke once in college. Then I jumped off and hid.
  • Options
    Last time i went to pub with mates, i was tricked into singing "summer loving" from Grease with one guy which went ok, and then "something stupid" Nicole and Robbie, with a guy who has the worst voice possible... a monotone drone is the best way to describe it... Ive never forgiven the guy who put my name down to sing that!
  • Options
    I do karaoke practically every week at uni... i'm the regular!

My best one was when I did Bohemian Rasphody - I had the whole blooming place singing along!

The worst was when I got quite drunk and my mates put me up to do Sk8ter Boi ... not good...

Nothing will beat the likes of Agadoo, Birdie Song and stuff for cheesiest Karaoke songs!
  • Options
    Recently started attending karioke (i know I spell it wrong everytime sorry!) every thur and its great! We used to go every sat but the dj left and we had no singing at all-it was horrid!

I love warblin out a song it gives me a buzz but I only attempt songs I can do-like garbage as I have her sorta voice.
  • Options
    me and my best mate did 'dont marry her fuck me ' by the beautiful south recently, that was fun!!
  • Options
    Jason Donovan - Too Many Broken Hearts.

I am ze Pop Idol :yes:
  • Options
    Hahaha, Jason Donovan.

I am ok on some songs, but I get lots of stage fright and then my hips sort of shoogle about and I can't stop them. ;(
  • Options
    Originally posted by FireyFirenze
    but me and my friends have been known to do (very) drunken renditions of Whitney Houstons I Wanna Dance With Somebody, or Build Me Up Buttercup

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

You sound like me and my friends. Except we don't actually grab a mic and do it, we just shout it at the mad poppy crap DJ guy who ends up looking a bit scared.
  • Options
    heh. The last time I went to karaoke was years and years ago. Me and a bunch of mates went to some real dodgy social club for cheap beer. This bunch of pikeys decided to sing, but they were so pissed they couldn't read the words off the screen ( it was supposed to be Suspicious Minds..elvis) They ended up singing "boom boom boooom let me hear you say Wayyyyyyyyy ooo" by the Outhere Brothers over the top of the Elvis tune and then they all fell off the stage. V funny. Pikey Karaoke rocks!