Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

discharge?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK... had sex yesterday, been a bit sore since as usual. Now, this morning I had some white discharge so I wiped it away with a wet tissue. I've just been to the toilet and I now have yellowy-orangey-browny discharge. Sorry for the mingingness :P I'm sure my boyfriend doesn't have an STI because I've been going out with him for a month now and surely something would have shown up before now; plus we used a condom yesterday. Any idea about this? Could it be anything to do with the slightly rough sex?

Comments

• Options
    dosent sound very healthy :no:

could be an STI just showing up now, they dont show up instantly, you should see the doc, could be something like a bacterial infection and need anti biotics, see your GP anyhow
  • Options
    a clear/white discharge is normal, but if its coloured it could be an STI (they dont always show up straight away). i know this will sound gross, but is there an unusual odour with it, as this is another sign of an STI/infection. i suggest you go down to your doctors to have it checked it - they'll prob be able to make a diagnosis with examining you - so dont be embarressed (they've seen it all b4 anyway).
    could it be that you are due to start your period+its the first very very light bits of your flow???
    If you're hurting, and usually do, after sex then you could be being abit too rough. sex isn't meant to hurt, if you're turned on and lubricated enough. just ask your b/f to be gentle, until you discover whats behind this discharge!!
    hope all goes well :):D:)
  • Options
    Originally posted by spongebobsgirl

If you're hurting, and usually do, after sex then you could be being abit too rough. sex isn't meant to hurt, if you're turned on and lubricated enough.

He's big, I'm small :) It's my own fault really, because when I get really horny I pull him in really far and regret it later, lol.

No, I've just come off my period; though I guess it could be spotting.

Thanks for the advice anyhoo :) I shall go to the doctor's if it doesn't go away.
  • Options
    Yellowy, orangey, browny discharge. From what you say it's unlikely to be an STI infection, but there are other infections. Or you could be spotting. Or was a Mars bar involved last night? :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by dominatrix
    No, I've just come off my period; though I guess it could be spotting.
    the vital bit of information.
    don't worry about it, just sounds like the end bits of a period -not an STI.

i would just like to point out though that it's true what people have said - symptoms of STIs don't show up straight away, or maybe not at all. perhaps using condoms in the future and getting yourself checked out at the GUMclinic would be a wise idea.
  • Options
    Could be thrush. I get the symptoms you get, after a period, from being on the pill and some times when im not. I always thought thrush was plain and simple to spot, like lumpy discharge and itching. Turns out it's not, as my doc has explained. So nip to your doc's and they will help you.
  • Options
    ClaireBearClaireBear Deactivated Posts: 467 Listening Ear
    Hiya,
    The problem with STIs and other infections is that some of them have the same symptoms and some of them don't even have symptoms. If you're worried that you might have an STI then you should go to your local GUM clinic and get yourself checked out just to be sure.

CB