Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

bad circulation

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok ive got crap circulation in my feet! i have to wear socks all the time, the moment they feel a slight bit of cold, they go purple and go really cold and numb! anybody know anything i can do to try and stop it, or atleast ease it a bit? :)

Comments

• Options
    no, i dont :( but im the same and would really like to know too!

my feet are always cold, and my hands :( I hate having cold feet and having to wear loads of socks

hopefully someone will think of something :)
  • Options
    same.

you can get natural remedies that are supposed to boost circulation (i think it's ginkyo biloba, but don't quote me on that), but just have a wander into boots and see what they have. i've not tried these, but my mum swears by them.

otherwise exercise is good for getting your blood pumping.
  • Options
    i get this. if you massage or rub your feet you'll fnd that they'll get warm.
  • Options
    I have that in my hands and feet. Particulary bad when i went skiing and my fingers went completely purple, not nice :( My feet are cold right now despite wearing thick socks and having the heating on :(
  • Options
    I've started to feel the cold, especially in my feet. And I hate having cold feet. :( I've even had to buy a pair of warm slippers this year, just to keep them warm. I hope this isn't a sign of any other problems. :(

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by hybrid
    I have that in my hands and feet.

:yes: and me.
  • Options
    My hands are *really* bad. i wait at the bus stop for 10 minutes in the cold, and it takes the next 3-4 hours for my hands to warm up again. Any tiny dose of cold and they simply stay like that. It sucks.
  • Options
    I take Ginko, 3 or 4 30mg extract tablets a day, it seems to work, my hands and feet dont get as cold as they used to.

Its supposed to make you smarter and increase your sex drive too, but, I dont know how scientific those tests were.

I dont know if any of you are smokers, that really doesnt help, I always cold hands when I smoked.
  • Options
    mom swears by vit c tablets but i have no idea if this is scientifically correct or just an old wives (moms!) tale.
  • Options
    Not that I know of, it will help you go to the toilet more often, but I cant see how it would effect your circulation.
  • Options
    my sister gets that, she gets purple knees.

i get it in a finger..it's only ever one finger but my god, it goes really cold.

she's got something wrong with her, apparantly.
  • Options
    I get really cold hands and feet too, it can be warm outside and yet my hands are still cold. You can buy hand warmers from millets the outdoor shop for about £3, they are really good and safe but as for your feet wear as many thin socks as possible.
  • Options
    Re: bad circulation
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    ok ive got crap circulation in my feet! i have to wear socks all the time, the moment they feel a slight bit of cold, they go purple and go really cold and numb! anybody know anything i can do to try and stop it, or atleast ease it a bit? :)

Ginko

Ginkgo Biloba is an extract from cultivated leaves of the Ginkgo Tree. As one of the oldest living trees on the planet, Ginkgo's medicinal use can be traced back through Chinese medical literature to 2800 BC. Ginkgo leaves have been used in traditional Chinese medicine for "their ability to benefit the brain and relieve the symptoms of asthma and coughs". Ginkgo leaf extracts are now one of the leading prescription medicines in both France and Germany. Research has shown the active ingredients in ginkgo biloba to be a class of compounds known as ginkgolides. Of this class, ginkgolide B, referred to in many investigations as BN52021, is the most researched ginkolide and has shown to be the most therapeutic (1).*

How Ginkgo Works: Platelets, irregular shaped discs in the blood, are responsible for the clotting of wounds. Platelet-activating factor (PAF) is released by the platelets causing them to stick together.; Although this mechanism serves a beneficial role, many degenerative diseases are due to the increased inflammation caused by excessive platelet aggregation. Studies have indicated that a component of ginkgo biloba, ginkgolide B, is a potent platelet-activating factor (PAF)antagonist(2,3) normal".*

Memory Loss and Circulation: Hundreds of clinical trials have shown the multiple benefits of supplementing with ginkgo biloba extract (GBE). In Europe and Asia, GBE and more specifically ginkgolide B, has been shown to enhance cerebral and coronary artery circulation by inhibiting platelet aggregation.* With improved circulation, the researchers observed a positive effect on memory and cognitive function (4).* The outcome of studies on patients with circulatory problems and heart disease exhibited similar positive results.* The group who supplemented with GBE showed a significant improvement in distanced walked and a marked reduction in pain while walking (5).* A recent study by Le Bars et al, indicated that GBE was safe and capable of stabilizing, and in a substantial number of cases, improved the cognitive performance and the social functioning of the subjects (6).*
  • Options
    wkd thanks DG!

erm, where do you get it from? :D
  • Options
    Re: bad circulation

I'm sorry, don't really have any suggestions either:( , but I basically have the same problem.

Maybe trying to keep them in front of a heater whilst having socks on too or covering them with a blanket, but, of course, still having the socks on your feet.

Not sure if that is much of help, but at least a suggestion tha ti hope could possibly help ya.
  • Options

erm, where do you get it from?

boots, superdrug, most supermarkets, chemists, health food shops....
  • Options
    I get that kinda from calf downward mainly. It looks soooo horrible, legs go from white to purple to orange, with little white dots (that sounds insane :confused: ). I think I'll give the gingko biloba a try, but the only thing that works really well for me is having a hot bath, and running the hot water so it kinda massages my feet. Socks don't really help me that much, cos it feels like the cold is coming from the inside so it doesn't help having the outside covered.