Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How should I act? please help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey me again, I wrote the thread single again. But I was just wondering, you see I really think my ex doesn't know what he's at at the moment. I think he's made a big mistake but how should I act now.

As I said before sometimes when I meet him its like he doesn't like me at all but then the other times he just gives me that look. you know the one, right into your eyes and gives me a wink that nearly melts my very heart!

I'd like to hear answers from the lads. Should I just pretend like I don't give a fuck. My brothers (i have 5) say that you always want waht you can't have and he'd come crawling back so fast if he thought I didn't care what happened!!!
What ye think
Thanks xxx

Comments

• Options
    He seems to want to bake his cake and eat it too. What do you want? If you want him back, make him sweat. If you don't, just leave him to it and blow him off (not oral sex, but like..ignore him, stand him up..whatever you call it).
  • Options
    act confident around him, do u get what i mean?
  • Options
    I know exactly what you mean!!! Thanks :)
  • Options
    Dear Cailin
    You asked for a guy's opinion, so here goes;

If there is one thing that I have learned about life it is that people see only what they want to see. It is harrowingly clear that you want this guy back, and you should be wary of your brain sending you false signals. Looking from a cold and calculating point of view, I am concerned that your brain is misinterpreting these looks and winks as signs of affection.

Based on the information you have given me, I am afraid that I have to say that at this point it is very unlikely that you will get back together. If it hasn't happened after a month, it probably isn't going to happen at all.

As hard as this may be to accept, the best thing that you can possibly do is to get some distance from him (and anything that reminds you of him) and bury yourself in your friends. Get lots of shoulders to cry on and people around you who can remind you what a beautiful, smart and amazing girl you undoutatbly are.

Breakups like this are horrible, they take so long and they hurt so badly.

Here's Dr Smith's quick fire guide to surviving the 5 stages of a breakup.

1.) Disbelief - "This can't be happening" phase, a period of shock. The best thing to do here is to make sure that you eat properly and get a good nights sleep. This wears off of its own accord usually pretty quickly, and leads into

2.) Self Pity - "Why me" phase. This is the *really* difficult part of the breakup. You can't get them off your mind and everything is just going to be shitty for a while I am afraid. The best thing to do is DISTRACTION, DISTRACTION, DISTRACTION. Don't sit at home and mope, do it with your friends out on the town. It makes it easier, trust me.

3.) Anger - pretty self explanatory. The Self pity collapses into consuming hatred. This is extreemly intense and tends to burn off pretty quickly,

4.) Resignation - You are not over the person yet, the sight of them still hurts you, but they no longer occupy 100% of your waking thoughts. The pain subsides to a dull ache.

5.) Acceptance - I'm still in phase 4, so I'll let you all know.

The time it takes to get completely over a relationship is roughly equal to the time that you were together.

You can shorten this by

A.) Getting LOTS of distance from your ex

B.) Getting plenty of distraction

and

C.) Getting a new boyfriend. But BEWARE THE REBOUND!!!!! (Wait until you are really ready or you will end up comparing the new to the old all the time.)

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news... I wish there was something I could say to make it all go away.... Believe me, I really do.

*hugs*

~Dr Smith
  • Options
    Just found out the stupid bastard really broke up with me cause he likes a girl in his class and stuff is happening!!!:mad: