Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How did you meet 'em?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How did you meet your significant other or your best friend say if your significant other less. :confused:

I met my other half via a mutual friend of ours through MSN messenger - then we met up later in the week cause we were bored and it's been love ever since. :)

And my best friend ever, I met way back when I was 5, we were both shy and just became friends - and she's been there for me for good and bad - and we're still in touch though she's moved away for the time being.

Mine aren't particulary interesting but im a little bored so...How did you meet yours?

Comments

• Options
    in a club about 50 miles from me, 100 from his! Funny cos I never dreamed of meeting someone in a club!
  • Options
    This isn't me, but my eldest sister (24) met her fiancé through one of his friends writing to one of her friends while him and his friend were away in the army. 6 years on they're still together and getting married in July. :cool:
  • Options
    www.bolt.com

true story.
  • Options
    through an old workmates birthday night out :love:
  • Options
    became mates on here, met up IRL, met again, and again, and again...and we were a couple.

Boring story really:)
  • Options
    My best mate (seeing as I'm single) I met in my first year in college when we were set up to go out with each other. Well... the whole relationship thing didn't work but we got a fantastic friendship outta it.

For example when I went to hospital he phoned me every day and rucked up a bill of something like £60 despite being in dept. He's always been there, but sadly he lives in Denbigh now :( I live 30 miles away and he works a lot. Fingers crossed he's moving back.
  • Options
    Re: How did you meet 'em?
    Originally posted by Silviena
    How did you meet your significant other or your best friend say if your significant other less. :confused:

I met my other half via a mutual friend of ours through MSN messenger - then we met up later in the week cause we were bored and it's been love ever since. :)

Heh, another msn couple! I was on a friend's msn, and there was this guy who was talking to me. So I added him to my msn list. He had gone to my school and things (but was three years older than me so I didn't know him) so wasn't completely random.

Anyway, this was at Christmas and I was with someone else at the time. I met up with him in March, and then again every so often. By the end of June the relationship I was in was completely rocky and ended, and I got with the guy I'd met on msn less than a week later.

We've been together (with a few rough patches and break ups) since.... June 2002. So "hah" to all these people who say internet relationships don't work. (I'm thinking Kermit and GWSH and folk know even better than me that internet relationships work).

P.S. Forgive me for the complete and total lack of coherence and grammer and such like. It's been a long week and it's early in the morning.
  • Options
    Work :)

He used to fancy me, but I didn't. Then we began to pair off at nights out, and he asked moi oot and we did, and we're all loved up now :)
  • Options
    We started talking to each other in a chat room, and it became where we would both just pop on quickly to see if the other person was on. After a couple of months a friend he talked to on there said we should meet up, and she persuaded me to. A few months after she persuaded us we finally met, we got on great and 3 years later we're still together.
  • Options
    my ex bf i met online, he lived quite near me, he was lovely :heart:
    and my current 'thing' lol, he's in the 6th-form and im year 11, he said to a mate he fancied me, i found out, added him to msn, he asked for my number, and yeah..... :D
  • Options
    i met my current b/f through a mate. we all went out 1 night and i liked 2 of the guys, couldn't decide who tho. i went out with the guy who spent most of the evening with me, but that didnt last+now im with the current guy - my :heart: !!!!
    awww, i wish he'd asked me out sooner:rolleyes:
  • Options
    I met my second to last girlfriend in a hot air baloon flying over bristol. :cool:

Club, Back to her room for "tea and toast" :D
  • Options
    It always seems to happen randomly. The more I look, the less I find, but it just seems to happen occasionally :)

~Dr Smith
  • Options
    I met my chap in a club. Didn't think that would be the best place to meet someone, but it was nearly empty, we talked the whole night and been together nearly a year now. I had taken an E on the night I met him, but that didn't make any difference. I was lucky.
  • Options
    I met my man thought his sister who I went to school with (and who is now also my best friend). He had fancied me for ages since I was about 13 (He was 19, but I was very tall and quite grown up for my age), though he didn't ask me out till I was about 17, but I didn't really fancy him back but then when I was 22 I thought why not and we have been together 4 years. Just bought a house and are getting married in december.

Mentally his sister (My best friend) and her bloke and also her other best friend and her bloke all got together on the same night (the Millenium). All the blokes went to college togther so its all a little friendly.
  • Options
    Faceparty, years and years ago i needed a dealer becauyse i had just had a big falling out with mine so after talking on the phone we decided to meet up and talk prices and drugs and stuff.. ended up hitting it off so much that after 5 mintues we forgot the drugs and went for something to eat and the cinema...

We never really sorted out the dealer-punter relationship thing!
  • Options
    I don't have interesting stories, so I'll twist one of my real life events.

My friend and I were chatting on MSN at his place to some girlies, and they were asking who I was. I go to pick my little sister up from high school twice a week and they asked if I'd meet them too. So we met up, they were nice and asked for my number. For a couple of months we'd talk on the phone and MSN and I'd hang out with them if I had any time. Anywho; the other week when it was snowing - I called one of them up at about 1am (after she text me saying she wasn't tired) and I took her out. We went to the forest in our neighbourhood and it was snowing...so we just started dancing and having fun. Afterwards we just sat around talking and she was cold so I gave her my jacket. That's when she said she was in love with me. So we kind of keep it casual for the time being.

NB: Twisted events were : "Afterwards we just sat around talking and she was cold so I gave her my jacket. That's when she said she was in love with me. So we kind of keep it casual for the time being."

I just wanted to be special too ;_;
  • Options
    I looked at his faceparty after finding the link on here... he added me to msn, we spent ages talking, decided to meet up, got on rather well, went out, and are still together...
  • Options
    I met him about 4 years ago through my best boymate (who I've known since I was about 13). Apparantly he fancied me from the first time he met me but didn't actually tell me until New years eve just gone :rolleyes: and we've been going out since then.
  • Options
    Aww, it's all so cute :)

And so internetish!
  • Options
    Originally posted by lil_kazzy
    Aww, it's all so cute :)

And so internetish!

:yes: bunch of geeks

:p
  • Options
    Re: How did you meet 'em?
    Originally posted by Silviena

i met my bf on msn as well, and we've been together 2 years now, we went 2 primary skool 2 geva but coz hes a yr older than me we never spoke and he only lives down the rd! small world aint it!
  • Options
    Strange the amount of people who have met their loved ones through their computers-

I couldn't go down that road I reckon- even if it worked for everyone else. Just doesn't appeal to me!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Docter Lurve
    Strange the amount of people who have met their loved ones through their computers-

I couldn't go down that road I reckon- even if it worked for everyone else. Just doesn't appeal to me!

It wasn't intentional! It just sorta... happened :)
  • Options
    used to work with a few of his mate and he would be in all the time but i never spoke to him. we were introduced at a party of someone i worked with, we got on so well and chatted all night and the rest they say is history.
  • Options
    Well I'll just say how I met my ex, friend of a friend, met her in the common room of college, we got on really well, pity she had a boyfriend at the time...then they broke up 'out of the blue' and we started going out a couple of weeks later. Still like her, sucks that it ended, still not sure why completely...:confused:
  • Options
    Ooo, I've actually got quite an interesting answer!
    well, haven't strictly got a boyfriend, but still sleeping with my ex, so i guess that counts. My previous boyfriend and me split up in a girl he knew's house. She happened to be living with my (most recent) exboyfriend, who was there at the time, and felt bad for me, as i was quite upset. So he started texting me, making sure i wasn't on my own, had friends to chat to etc, and it all went from there! Most amusing part was that the ex ex ended up with the girl whose house we were in... we kind of swapped, since my ex and this girl had been together briefly before! Talking of which, that night was exactly 2 years ago tonight!
  • Options
    In a nightclub...how original!! lol :rolleyes:
    I knew him previously...friend of a friend type thing though so I'd seen him around.
  • Options
    My last bf was an MSN thing... friend of a friend, I got close to him when I split up with someone, then a group of us went to a party and I ended up kissing him. Current boyfriend, I was told he liked me at New Year but I was still seeing the ex so I wasn't interested; though I had a look at him and thought he was nice; broke up with the ex and saw him out clubbing 4 days later :)
  • Options
    I met my guy online about over 2 years ago.