Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

ow ow owie it hurts!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

I'm in a bit of a dilema right now and i dont really know what to do...

I'm seeing this girl at the moment (have been seeing her since the start of this year) basically i want a relationship and she doesnt. i know shes been hurt before in her past relationships but i really, really like her and would never want to hurt her! its really hard to hear her say things like the fact that she doesnt have a boyfriend or any commitments and i cant stand the fact that she can go and get off with/sleep with/do anything she likes with anyone. it might be shelfish to want her to myself but i just couldnt handle the thought of some other guy with his hands all over her!
Her friend (a mutual friend, but her best friend) says to just keep things as they are and that she might change her mind and want a boyfriend in the end but i dont know how much longer i can handle not being in a relationship with her. i dont think it would be much different to the way things are now except for the fact that we would be faithful to each other.

Anyway, if you've read that far, thanks and well done!
Not quite sure what advice im looking for here but anything will do

Cheers

Tim

Comments

• Options
    i'm afraid that you're gonna have to weather the storm mate, if you know what i mean. if she feels the same way bout you hang in there, i'm sure she'll come round. if she doesn't well then this is gonna sound harsh but you're going to have to deal with it i'm afraid.

hope that made some sense and it helps
  • Options
    Yeah I know what you mean, i'm in a roughly similar situation, and we have the same name...spooky. Anyway, yeah we went out for 6 months, broke up once, got back together, then broke up again. We still like each other...but she doesn't want a relationship. It's annoying and confusing, she likes me, but doesn't want a relationship...and I don't know whether to wait and see if she might want one or try and find some one else... She knows I still like her but wants me to find some one better for me...
    Sorry I'm not trying to highjack your thread here...Yeah I guess see how it goes, but don't completely rule out the possibility of some one else...You never know, they might be better than this person.
  • Options
    As long as you're honest with her and treat her fairly and respect whatever her decision is then there isn't much else you can do apart from wait for her to come to you - if she ever does. I know what you mean by it bothering you the idea of other guys etc. but it's just one of those things you have to accept.

Or become Catholic :)
  • Options
    *UPDATE*

Its over. But never mind, you live and learn eh!
  • Options
    i think that's for the best to be honest. you would have only got hurt in the end anyway. hope you're ok :)