Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Plugs, tunnels, and stretchings

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone here got ear stretchings? Anyways...if so, im wondering where you buy your plugs and tunnels from. Im bored of www.bodyjewelleryshop.co.uk, and wildcat is slow and expensive. Any ideas? Its really silly cos I work in an "alternative" jewellery shop, but we dont sell what im after...gah! :no:

Thankx! :thumb:

Comments

• Options
    Why in Gods name would you want to deform your body like that? How can you possibly think a big big of stretched skin just hanging there looks nice? You're fucking stupid, right?
  • Options
    yep...im fucking stupid wanted to do something to MY body, for MY reasons. Making me more of an individual.

yep...really stupid i reckon.

just out of interest, could you please post a picture/link of what you think my stretchings look like and where they are. That would be most interesting :) thank you!
  • Options
    Originally posted by draven
    yep...im fucking stupid wanted to do something to MY body, for MY reasons. Making me more of an individual.

I'm pretty fucking sick of this "I wanna be an individual" bullshit. When are people going to realise they're only as individual as the next person? People have done what you're describing before, and they'll continue to do it, so you are not being in any way individual or original. That come as somewhat of a shock to you, but it's the truth.
    just out of interest, could you please post a picture/link of what you think my stretchings look like and where they are. That would be most interesting :) thank you!

I don't have a pic, or even know where to begin looking. I've seen them on plenty of weirdo goths with their spikey dog colars sitting outside the art college though :yes:
  • Options
    Being an individual has, in my opinion very little to do with what you wear. I always feel that if you have to go to such extremes to prove that you are different from others, well, if you have to wear a dog collar so people notice you, theres something wrong.
  • Options
    they're her ears. if she wishes to 'deform' them, surely that's up to her. she didn't ask for your opinions, she asked where she could buy something.

(apologies, draven, if you are not a she)

and i don't actually know, cause i only use bodyjewelleryshop.co.uk and my local piercing place. but maybe you could google piercing communties in the UK and see if there are any boards specifically for piercing where you could ask?
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    she didn't ask for your opinions

Nope, but I gave them anyway. If you have a problem with that, tough shit, Hitler.
  • Options
    who's the fascist here?

'i do not like piercings therefore none of you should have them.'

jesus, why don't you just build a whole loads of camps and gas everyone who doesn't look or dress or act just like you.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin

'i do not like piercings therefore none of you should have them.'

Ehh... where did I say I don't like piercings? Do a quick search on this forum, I'm sure you'll find at least a couple of threads posted by me asking about piercings as I was thinking of having some done.

At least with other piercings you can take them out if you don't like them. With this you're gonna be left with a large piece of dangling skin if you ever take it out. Which let's face it is pretty much inevitable as 99% of people grow out of the goth/whatever phase sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    "At least with other piercings you can take them out if you don't like them. With this you're gonna be left with a large piece of dangling skin if you ever take it out. Which let's face it is pretty much inevitable as 99% of people grow out of the goth/whatever phase sooner rather than later."

YES KIEZO YOU REALLY KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.:rolleyes:

NOT all stretchings are permanent. Anyone with a stretching of 2ga (1/4") or under, usually finds that the lobe will return to normal once taken out.

I'm not going to go into a character debate with you, because it's not the time nor the place. But I will say that if you haven't got any knowledge of a particular subject, then you ought not reply. What you said was a load of complete twaddle and pure myth for those who know nothing about piercing.

Oh, and to Draven, www.coldsteel.co.uk are pretty good when it comes to plugs and tunnels. Though I usually just go to camden for my piercing needs :)

Ilora x
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    At least with other piercings you can take them out if you don't like them. With this you're gonna be left with a large piece of dangling skin if you ever take it out. Which let's face it is pretty much inevitable as 99% of people grow out of the goth/whatever phase sooner rather than later.

Fucking hell...get informed! You obviously do not know anything about stretching, anything about the size of mine, or anything about me. Fair enough, but dont begin to judge please.

I am in no way gothic, and I personally do not care for "weird spikey dog collars". I do not go around scaring people or sacrificing small children during acts of ritual worship. Yes, I wear black and eyeliner sometimes, but what girl doesnt?? I simply have 10mm tunnels in both my ear lobes. No big deal. No real need for any big debate. However...

I had a quick lookie at your Face Party thingie, and for someone who "loves" "emo, indie, punk, metal" so much seems to be very closed minded about "alternative"* things. For it is in these genres of music especially, punk being the main one, that "taking a break from the norm*" is embraced and is common place. I would put it to you that you do not actually know what a (non tribal) ear stretching actually is. I mean, HEAPS of members of these bands that you love so much have stretchings, yet you were unable to find me a picture. I would be interested to have you tell me which bands you like.

{*I should just say that stretching is becomming increasingly common and so isnt really any longer not "normal"}

It is clear you do not know what stretchings are or what happens when one takes them out. And about this "phase" im going to "grow out of"...well, maybe i will, and maybe i will take out my tunnels, but i wont have big dangley bits of skin left in their place. And by the way, have you got a tattoo? They are FAR more permanent that some little ear strecthings.

I did not mean i was an "individual" in the sense that I am some kind of pioneer or revolutionist, i simply meant they are my ears and i will do whatever i bloody well wish with them. Its my choice to make, as an individual.

I have no problem with people expressing their opinions about things. You dont like stretchings...fair play to you, but do your homework first. Go find out what stretchings are, go find out what happens when they are removed, go get informed before making sweeping statements.

Oh, and for the record, you sound like my mother.
  • Options
    cheers Kaffrin and Ilora! Thats great, ill go check them out :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ilora-Danon

YES KIEZO YOU REALLY KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.:rolleyes:

NOT all stretchings are permanent. Anyone with a stretching of 2ga (1/4") or under, usually finds that the lobe will return to normal once taken out.

I know four people (count 'em, four) who got these weird ass lobe stretching things done. Thankfully a few years later these people saw sense and removed them. Unfortunately for three of them, they were left with holes in their lobes where the skin had healed over.

Rather disgusting, to say the least.

I had a quick lookie at your Face Party thingie, and for someone who "loves" "emo, indie, punk, metal" so much seems to be very closed minded about "alternative"* things. For it is in these genres of music especially, punk being the main one, that "taking a break from the norm*" is embraced and is common place.

Aaah this is what I don't get about moshers/grebos/etc. Where does it say you have to dress like a complete and utter tit to be able to enjoy the music?
    I mean, HEAPS of members of these bands that you love so much have stretchings, yet you were unable to find me a picture. I would be interested to have you tell me which bands you like.

This is another thing, I like bands for the music, not for their image or 'cause I fancy the vocalist. If I saw half the bands I listen to on TV I wouldn't know who the fuck they were until they started playing.

And I'd be here a wee bit too long if I started naming the bands I listen to :razz:
    And by the way, have you got a tattoo? They are FAR more permanent that some little ear strecthings.

Nope, but I'm getting one in a few months. Only a 5 year one though, sorry.
    Oh, and for the record, you sound like my mother.

Maybe she's the only one with a bit of sense :razz:
  • Options
    slightly off topic but i havent heard of a single 5 year tattoo that has worked. i thought they were, like, a scam?
  • Options
    But I will say that if you haven't got any knowledge of a particular subject, then you ought not reply. What you said was a load of complete twaddle and pure myth for those who know nothing about piercing.

Hypocrite.

:p
  • Options
    5 year tattoo's huh? Pure myth. It's physical impossibility to have a 5 year tattoo. End of.

Ilora x
  • Options
    Originally posted by DaisyChainThing
    Hypocrite.

:p
    Excuse me?
  • Options
    5 year tattoo's huh? Pure myth. It's physical impossibility to have a 5 year tattoo. End of.

Ilora x

I know someone that had a 3 year one. Fair enough it came out nearer the 4 year mark, but it came out.
  • Options
    In the inking and piercing industry it's a known fact that no inking needle could ever only penetrate "__ many" layers of skin so it wears off as the layers of skin do. The only way to ink skin is by inserting the needle into all layers of epidermis... Therefore, it would be impossible to get a perfect "semi-permanent" tattoo.
    It has been known for people to experment with semi-permanent tattooing, but there are as of yet, no solutions to the problem of only inking certain layers of skin.
    The only semi permanent tattoo's that do not horrifically scar the skin are henna tattoo's and the like. And even those, apparently now, come with health risks.

Ilora x
  • Options
    I know four people (count 'em, four) who got these weird ass lobe stretching things done. Thankfully a few years later these people saw sense and removed them. Unfortunately for three of them, they were left with holes in their lobes where the skin had healed over.

Rather disgusting, to say the least.

In your opinion they are disgusting. And its only your opinion that they "saw sense"
    Aaah this is what I don't get about moshers/grebos/etc. Where does it say you have to dress like a complete and utter tit to be able to enjoy the music?

Im sorry...where did i say that? Oh wait...i didnt :)
    This is another thing, I like bands for the music, not for their image or 'cause I fancy the vocalist. If I saw half the bands I listen to on TV I wouldn't know who the fuck they were until they started playing.

And I'd be here a wee bit too long if I started naming the bands I listen to :razz:

Fair enough, but these days, with so many music channels and magazines, image comes with a band. No, im not saying these bands have stylists and care about what they wear, necessarily, but inside most album sleeves are pictures of the band. Pictures are on websites, posters, magazine articles. You said you "love" them...if you loved them, you would find out about them. Yes, you can enjoy music without knowing what the artists look like, but for someone who evidently spends so much time on the net, a quick website check is hardly out of the Q. I REALLY wanna know which bands you like.

Nope, but I'm getting one in a few months. Only a 5 year one though, sorry.

let me know how it looks in 5 years then :D

Maybe she's the only one with a bit of sense :razz:
    maybe...or maybe she is nearing 50. I really think young people, like ourselves, should be a little more open minded about things that are "different"

Jesus Christ...they are only bloody 10mm tunnels...
  • Options
    And its only your opinion that they "saw sense"

And evidently, in their opinions also.
    Im sorry...where did i say that? Oh wait...i didnt :)

And where did I say you did? :/
    Fair enough, but these days, with so many music channels and magazines, image comes with a band.

Music channels suck. As does the radio. Too many adverts and songs you don't actually like. I don't buy any magazines at all either, purely 'cause I don't care about the shit they write about in them.
    No, im not saying these bands have stylists and care about what they wear, necessarily, but inside most album sleeves are pictures of the band. Pictures are on websites, posters, magazine articles.

I hardly buy albums as it'd be too expensive to keep up with all the music I like, but when I do buy them I don't sit and look through the sleeves because I don't care. I only like the music, not the artwork or band pictures. Woah, how interesting.
    Pictures are on websites, posters, magazine articles.

Yet again, I don't go on these websites. The only music websites I ocassionally go on are ones like Tidy.com.

As for posters, how big a room d'ya think you'd need to learn what all the bands you listen to look like from the posters? :/
    You said you "love" them...if you loved them, you would find out about them.

OK, OK, you got me. I only like their music. I really couldn't give a shit what the fuck they look like, what their favourite colours are, or who they're going out with.
    Yes, you can enjoy music without knowing what the artists look like, but for someone who evidently spends so much time on the net, a quick website check is hardly out of the Q.

A quick website search of all the bands I listen to? Not likely. Even if I had the time, you're still forgetting that I really don't care.
    I REALLY wanna know which bands you like.

I really can't be arsed typing them all out, so I'll copy some of the names from my playlist in no particular order:

Funeral for a Friend, Taking Back Sunday, Thursday, Brand New, Coheed & Cambria, In Flames, Tool, 28 Days, 3 Doors Down, A Perfect Circle, AC/DC, Aerosmith, AFI, Alice Cooper, Alkaline Trio, Amen, American Hi-Fi, Andrew WK, Anti-Flag, Anyone, Ash, At the Drive-In, Autopsy, Aqualung, Baby Bird, Bad Religion, Bauhaus, The Beach Boys (Oh yes!), Biohazard, Bikini Atoll, Black Sabath, Blink 182, Bobby Conn, Bon Jovi, Brides Of Destruction, British Sea Power, Buddy Holly, Bumblebeez, Buzzcocks, Byzantine, Carcass, Chimaira, Chuck Berry, Coal Chamber, Cold, Coldplay, Congos, The Coral, Crackout, Cream, Creedence Clearwater Revival, The Cure, The Clash, Constantines, The Coral, The Cougars, Cyclefly, Damageplan, Danzig, The Darkness, David Bowie, Decapitated, Deicide, Deftones, Dexateens, Dire Straits, Disclocated Styles, Disturbed, The Doors, Dexies Midnight Runners, Drowning Pool.

D'ya want me to scrolly past 'D' or what? Bearing in mind I've only listed some the more 'rocky' outfits.
  • Options
    Music channels suck. As does the radio. Too many adverts and songs you don't actually like. I don't buy any magazines at all either, purely 'cause I don't care about the shit they write about in them.

Hmm...there are lots of adverts, but they are not all bad. But this is irrelevant, because it is clear you couldnt really give a flying fuck either way anyway.
    I hardly buy albums as it'd be too expensive to keep up with all the music I like, but when I do buy them I don't sit and look through the sleeves because I don't care. I only like the music, not the artwork or band pictures. Woah, how interesting.

Maybe you should take a look at them. On some of them, a lot of work is put in to making them look good, and sometimes the artwork is really interesting. I cant believe you never look...that really seems strange to me. Oh well
    Yet again, I don't go on these websites. The only music websites I ocassionally go on are ones like Tidy.com.

That is a fucking clubbing website
    As for posters, how big a room d'ya think you'd need to learn what all the bands you listen to look like from the posters? :/

uh...you dont have to actually buy/put up the posters. Its just common knowledge what they look like. But again, this is irrelevant, because you couldnt give a shit.
    A quick website search of all the bands I listen to? Not likely. Even if I had the time, you're still forgetting that I really don't care.

Again...irrelevant, because its clear you are not *that* interested in the bands. Each to their own.
    I really can't be arsed typing them all out, so I'll copy some of the names from my playlist in no particular order:

Funeral for a Friend, Taking Back Sunday, Thursday, Brand New, Coheed & Cambria, In Flames, Tool, 28 Days, 3 Doors Down, A Perfect Circle, AC/DC, Aerosmith, AFI, Alice Cooper, Alkaline Trio, Amen, American Hi-Fi, Andrew WK, Anti-Flag, Anyone, Ash, At the Drive-In, Autopsy, Aqualung, Baby Bird, Bad Religion, Bauhaus, The Beach Boys (Oh yes!), Biohazard, Bikini Atoll, Black Sabath, Blink 182, Bobby Conn, Bon Jovi, Brides Of Destruction, British Sea Power, Buddy Holly, Bumblebeez, Buzzcocks, Byzantine, Carcass, Chimaira, Chuck Berry, Coal Chamber, Cold, Coldplay, Congos, The Coral, Crackout, Cream, Creedence Clearwater Revival, The Cure, The Clash, Constantines, The Coral, The Cougars, Cyclefly, Damageplan, Danzig, The Darkness, David Bowie, Decapitated, Deicide, Deftones, Dexateens, Dire Straits, Disclocated Styles, Disturbed, The Doors, Dexies Midnight Runners, Drowning Pool.

Again, this arguement is irrelevant. You dont love the bands and you dont care what they look like. For the record, many of the members of those bands you listen DO have stretchings. But that is no longer hear nor there.

I really do find you so tiresome. Not because you dont like stretchings or because you dont seem to be *that* into these bands, but because you come across as someone who really doesnt care. Your online persona, to me, is that of a very arrogant person who is only out for himself and doesnt care who he annoys or insults along the way. Im not here to judge and you can be whoever you want to be, but thus far I dont like "Kiezo". Each to their own... ;)
  • Options
    Take a chill pill peeps, this bitchin' is totally pointless.

:rolleyes:
  • Options

Maybe you should take a look at them. On some of them, a lot of work is put in to making them look good, and sometimes the artwork is really interesting. I cant believe you never look...that really seems strange to me. Oh well

Why would I? Again, I buy CDs for the music, nothing else. Why else would you buy them? :/
    That is a fucking clubbing website

Nicely spotted! :eek: What gave it away?

My point was as you've probably gathered from my FP profile, I prefer dance music over rock, so if I hardly even check out clubbing/dance music websites, I'm not likely to check out rock ones, am I?
    uh...you dont have to actually buy/put up the posters. Its just common knowledge what they look like. But again, this is irrelevant, because you couldnt give a shit.

What then? I have to waste my time looking at the poster section of music shops?

Too right it's irrelevant. Why the fuck does it matter what they look like anyway? Really :|
    Again...irrelevant, because its clear you are not *that* interested in the bands. Each to their own.

Again, this arguement is irrelevant. You dont love the bands and you dont care what they look like. For the record, many of the members of those bands you listen DO have stretchings. But that is no longer hear nor there.

I love the music. Not anything else. Fucking hell, I think we're all past the stage of liking the Spice Girls or Boyzone 'cuase we fancy Ronan Teating or Baby Spice.

Seriously though, if you like the bands' music, what else matters?
    because you come across as someone who really doesnt care. Your online persona, to me, is that of a very arrogant person who is only out for himself and doesnt care who he annoys or insults along the way.

I'm surprised it's taken you that long to realise for sure.
  • Options
    I love the music. Not anything else. Fucking hell, I think we're all past the stage of liking the Spice Girls or Boyzone 'cuase we fancy Ronan Teating or Baby Spice.

oh please...that is not what i was saying
    Seriously though, if you like the bands' music, what else matters?

indeed, it doesnt matter. But i think if you "love" a band, you would know about them, including what they look like. But we have established that you dont love them, or have any interest in finding out more about them.
    I'm surprised it's taken you that long to realise for sure.

oh...it didnt...believe me. I really dont think arrogance is anything to be proud of though, but whatever. Im sure you think it is. Arrogant people usually do. And they often tend to think they are "God's Gift", when in reality they are actually complete and utter pricks.

Anyways...im done with this boring arguement. You completely came off topic and there was not really any need to start this at all. But i guess thats discussion boards for you :) I still dont think you actually know what a stretching is and what is involved. But again, im also sure you have zero interest in finding out. Wildcat have new, affordable stock in now, so im gonna go check that out, and the other ideas! Thank you to anyone who actually answered my question :)
  • Options

indeed, it doesnt matter. But i think if you "love" a band, you would know about them, including what they look like. But we have established that you dont love them, or have any interest in finding out more about them.

Just for the record, you were the one that said I love the bands - I said I love the genres of music.
  • Options
    Hmm.....

Does it really matter?!
  • Options
    ENOUGH - THREAD CLOSED

some of you need to check your attitudes or you're heading for a banning

Susie :mad:
This discussion has been closed.