Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

That time when you're single

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
and you really miss doing going-outty-things = just simple things like holding hands in the park or kissing goodbye. Heh. I miss this :yes:

any remedies?

Comments

• Options
    Not that I know of :(
  • Options
    Go up to random strangers and hold hands with them.
  • Options
    Re: That time when you're single
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner

any remedies?
    yep get a girlfriend :D
  • Options
    be 16. oh wait you are.
  • Options
    go buy some spikes :yes:

and go give all your mates hugs
    (HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH)

PURE TORTURE
  • Options
    Originally posted by luby
    go buy some spikes :yes:

Enough with the spikes already. We get it, you like spikes, you are dark and gothic, we know, we've heard it many times. Stop going on about spikes, it's making my head hurt!
  • Options
    and you really miss doing going-outty-things = just simple things like holding hands in the park or kissing goodbye. Heh. I miss this :yes:

I miss that too :( its not even missing the person, just missing the part of being something to someone
  • Options

any remedies?

I know precisely what you mean - geez I thought I was the only person who thought that was the most depressing part!

Imagination is a very good remedy if you have a particularly vivid one. Though some might not understand what I mean here...
  • Options
    Re: Re: That time when you're single
    Originally posted by Rocks

Imagination is a very good remedy if you have a particularly vivid one. Though some might not understand what I mean here...

imagination for me just brings back memories :(

ah well..I will survive :D
  • Options
    Ok so I haven't been particularly helpful, but that's because I just don't know a remedy. There are always friends around though, to give you hugs and stuff. Though sometimes that makes it worse. One of my guy friends found me crying and gave me a hug to cheer me up, which was very nice of him, but all it made me think was 'that's the most action I'm going to get from a man for months now!'
  • Options

any remedies?

:yes:

Every day *sigh* I kinda have a desire to be hugged and do the holding-hands thing with people, and I want it all the time :(

Frankay
    x
  • Options
    You miss it at first, then you just get used to it!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith

i suppose you do but i thought i had got used to it, then i started wanting to cuddle and hold hands and be able to kiss the person im holding hands with - knowing she's going to kiss me back. being able to go round her house and she'll smile when she sees me at the door even if she's busy.

little things like that...
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: That time when you're single
    Originally posted by hybrid
    I will survive :D

...aslong as you've had your wheetabix. :yes:
  • Options
    :( I know exactly what you mean. I guess I'll have to learn to live with it, as I'll be around her every day of the week at college, knowing she's in love with someone else :(
  • Options
    YEAH!

I can't believe how much I missed snuggling with my blokey. Aww. My blokey. Still sounds weird..*wallows in giddiness* Anyhoo. Yeah, it's a shame.

<3
  • Options
    Dang, well I've never had a g/f, but it sounds like a load of fun. I've gotten shut down twice in the past year, so I've just spent my time with a friend named alcohol. Girlfriend is in my dreams.
  • Options
    yep and its shit innit, think oh single will be great, but then you miss the silly things, lucky for me i got someone to do that :D:p
  • Options
    well im single too now.........my remedie when i have a really bad break up.........straight to pub, or somewhere that sells spirits/lager.......and get absoloutly battered with your mates......might sound a bit stupid.....but its fun and takes your mind off it for a while.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Like A Dream
    well im single too now.........my remedie when i have a really bad break up.........straight to pub, or somewhere that sells spirits/lager.......and get absoloutly battered with your mates......might sound a bit stupid.....but its fun and takes your mind off it for a while.

yea I'm kinda past that bit it's just the ongoing loneliness. But it doesn't bother me that much really :p I was just in a *sigh i miss that* mood if you get me? :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith

*cough* Spinster *cough*

;)

I have a song somewhere, I do believe it is "All by myself" do you want it? :p