Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

ho hum

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I think my posting in the 'realtionships' forum is goind to end as I no longer have one to speak of :(

In other words, I split up with my boyfriend of 4 months tonight and I'm feeling slightly depressed. I hate this bit, just as the relationship finishes and you feel shitty.
Even though I know it was for the best the shitty feeling seems compulsary.

Ok I'm done with my little bit of moaning now.
Any words of advice?
Is it get straight back on the horse (if you get me) or should I be forgetting all about men for a while and staying single!?

Comments

• Options
    Hey Helz,

I don't have a lot of advice for you so have a *hug* instead.

The shitty feeling is compulsory but you know it was for the best and that's the important thing to remember. And now you can have fun being single - I broke up with my boyfriend last month too, and I've been enjoying the single life! Don't go looking for another relationship straight away, just relax and see what comes naturally.
  • Options
    Thanx for the hug
    Havn't had one of them yet cos all my friends are out doing their own thing.
    I'm planning a night out with my mates to try out my new single approach to life. Glad you're enjoying the single life yourself, I might just have to join you ;)
  • Options
    HI helz....guess what breaking up f**king sux doesnt it. Well *hugs* for a start.
    Speaking from my experience i think the best thing is to stay single for a while. It helps you re-evaluate whats important and that is you. If you get straight back on the horse you may find that you havent fully recovered from the last relationship which in turn could lead to the new relationship turning bad. Trust me ive done that before.
    Yeh so just go out with mates, pull guys on a casual level if you want but most importantly have fun.

p.s dont bottle up feelings about your last relationship, i thought it was for the best that we broke up but that was kind of a self defence mechanism when really deep down i was upset and it helped so much to admit it and talk about it.

Well hope you have lots of fun for the future

xx