Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Balemic

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My friend is becoming anerexic and balemic, not sounding gay but to be honest hes got a good build about him but he still hates himself.

He used to buy size 28" jeans but now he cant because they are too big for him!

Im trying to help him out but i dont seem to be making a massive impact.

I dont wanna force him to stop, id rather gradually help him out but how??

Can anyone give me some advice please?

Thanx :)

Comments

• Options
    Bulimic.

Refer him to the info pages on the site! And try to get him to go to his doctor about it, if he can accept that it's a problem. Otherwise not much more you can do, just be there if he wants to talk about it and keep persuading him he looks fine! I know it must be terrible seeing him ill like this, but there's really not a lot you can do if you're not a professional.
  • Options
    Hes seeing a counciller but they dont seem to be helping at all, he knows he has a problem he just cant stop it.

He knows il always be there for him to support him and that hes my best mate im worried about him.

Just wish there was more i could do.

Thank you.
  • Options
    Originally posted by perfect***day
    Refer him to the info pages on the site!

:yes: there's some great eating disorders content and stuff about helping friends with them.

There is nothing really you can do except be there for him when he needs you.

good luck :)
  • Options
    Thanks for the replys, il carry on trying to support him and il take a look on those info pages :)
  • Options
    HI there
    I recently did some new content on how to help a friend with an eating disorder that should help you. It's a tricky situation and you have to go at the pace that your friend sets, but as long as they know you are there for them, you will be helping. Check out these features:

Helping a friend

My eating problems

How I helped a friend

Hope this helps :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by spanner
    HI there
    I recently did some new content on how to help a friend with an eating disorder that should help you. It's a tricky situation and you have to go at the pace that your friend sets, but as long as they know you are there for them, you will be helping. Check out these features:

Helping a friend

My eating problems

How I helped a friend

Hope this helps :)

thanx il take a look