Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

would u ever....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
would i ever put ur number on the net for random people to text you, in a dirty sort've way?

e.g

lol

really though cos i was talking in a chat room and apparently lots of people do it just for that. But i suppose as a guy i can understand that u have only 100% of brain power and 2 brains, and sometimes your second brain takes most of it.

any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    btw, even though i have this phone its not mine i found it its not in use, thought id still recieve them i suppose.....well im just basically making sure no1 thinks im advertising myself
  • Options
    Hmmmm, not my home or mobile number. Not just give it out publicly in a chat room. If I felt I trusted someone, then maybe by PM.
    However, I would be tempted to do it if I used one of my spare SIMs, or even bought a cheap second hand phone. Actually, I could use my old brick of a phone with a spare SIM. Hmmmm. :chin: Anyone wanna call me and talk dirty? :naughty::D

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    No, not really!!

What if some weirdo sees your number and calls you?! It's not safe!!:)
  • Options
    i wouldnt do it but honestly what can a person do on the phone to harm you?
  • Options
    i wouldnt out my number out in a chat room :no:
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Icy Aphrodite

yeah I was wondering also, its a bit strange though putting your number online for random people to text and talk dirty to you....phone up a sex line instead! :p
  • Options
    the word 'desperate' comes to mind :p
  • Options
    Re: would u ever....
    Originally posted by evil_dave
    would u ever put ur number on the net for random people to text you, in a dirty sort've way?

Nope
  • Options
    Originally posted by hybrid
    yeah I was wondering also, its a bit strange though putting your number online for random people to text and talk dirty to you....phone up a sex line instead! :p
    Yeah, but sex lines cost you money. Putting up your number means they'll be calling you. And sex lines are either naff pre-recordings, or some hag old enough to be your mother or granny, sitting there, lying to you while doing her knitting. Ok so whoever calls you up could be lying, but they would be genuinely horny and interested.
    As I said, using a spare SIM card might produce some interesting, and entertaining, calls. You've just got to be aware that there are some freaks out there, and deal with them.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options

Two words- "silent" and "call".

If I read one more case about just what damage people can do down the phone, I think I will scream :yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Two words- "silent" and "call".

If I read one more case about just what damage people can do down the phone, I think I will scream :yes:

are we going to get any elaborating on that? cos i dont seem to be able to think of anything they could do
  • Options
    are we going to get any elaborating on that? cos i dont seem to be able to think of anything they could do

In the main case about phone harrassment, this guy started stalking his ex with silent phone calls, and she got so scared by it all that she became really depressed. There's been quite a few cases of the same thing, it's why the Government made it illegal to harrass people on the telephone.
  • Options
    kermit has a point - people can be seriously affected by calls like that. what if this person turns out to be a stalker? calls like that can screw with your mind, not to mention a call every two seconds from some little shit who 'just wants to be your friend', being hassled constantly is similar to being stalked and can cause you some real problems.
  • Options
    If i had a spare simcard and an old phone yes i would, give my number out to the web and just see how many people would call, if it got out of hand i would just turn the phone off.

A bit of fun i reckon, you never know who could ring you up.
  • Options
    As most of you have quite rightly already pointed out, this really isn't a good idea. There are lots of strange people out there who could get hold of your number and become a pest and/or a danger. If you're thinking of doing it - don't.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    If i had a spare simcard and an old phone yes i would, give my number out to the web and just see how many people would call, if it got out of hand i would just turn the phone off.

A bit of fun i reckon, you never know who could ring you up.
    Exactly. I wouldn't give out my everyday number. I'd just use an old phone and SIM, which I do have kicking about. Then if there are any problems, just remove the SIM. If I want to carry on, then get a new SIM (can be bought cheaply second hand, or even free ocasionally from O2, for example).
    Could be fun, and if you're expecting weirdos to ring, then you're prepared for them, and can deal with them. Of course it has it's dangers, but If you're treating them all as weirdos, then you'll never meet them, no matter how pursuasive they seem.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Yes I have given out my number over the internet before, but not in a chat room. I usually wait until I have known the person over msn at least for a while, and i usually get their numbers first.

Mostly people put up numbers in chat rooms because they are not their own, and are trying to get their own back on somebody they no longer like by posting their number on the WWW.