Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

friends

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
do you ever wish u could love your friend?

i mean if they love you. my friend, i suppose when you think about it, he's my best friend, the one i always turn to. anyway, my friend, he's told me he loves me. and thats a good thing.
sometimes i feel the same but sometimes i dont, but i wish i could love him the same.
he's perfect for me, he puts me first, stands back while i go out with blokes, but then is always right back there when it all goes wrong. its like he'd rather die than hurt me and he'd treat me like a princess.

anyone else feel like this? or is it just me...

Comments

• Options
    i havent felt like that, but i have had a few lads who are mates, but then i always think the relationship changes when u go out and sometimes it can be hard to do stuff as a couple when you are so used to being friends, i can understand what you mean though and then again so many people go on from being friends to a couple and are fine.

but then if you dont love him, you can't make yourself love him and as you feel like this, it is probably best to stay friends because if you dont love him it could ruin everything.
  • Options
    I'm in the same kind of situation... except the opposite.. I love my best mate...but I don't think he'll ever love me love me, he just 'loves' me... :(

Ilora x
  • Options
    I'm with Ilora-Danon on that same with me, totally love my best mate trez, would do ANYTHING for her and stuff, and well sometimes i just wish she would love me like i love her.
    But as me and her have discussed it about me loving her and us nothing being together coz she dont feel the same, and then said maybe its not time yet, and int eh future it may just happen for us, and it will all be right.
    blonde__batman maybe its not right for you yet and all of a sudden you will love him sometime in the future, you can never tell what the future has for you and him.

When i was discusing this wiv trez and she said it to me, it made me feel so much more relaxed and just made me think about taking each day as it comes and maybe someday in the future me and her happening, i hope this may have my lil bit 2 you might make you feel a little better about you and you're guy mate :)

Bez xx
  • Options
    i do love him, and it makes my tummy go all funny (in a good way) when he tells me how he feels, and i got it when he text me earlier tellin me he misses me.
    but i dunno if its enough
  • Options
    kind of but its so confusing :confusing: so for now my friends are best as just that: my friends. I'm not good at relationships anyway so remaining friends stops me falling out with them :thumb:
  • Options
    I went out with my best friend, it was the best relationship I ever had. But he broke up with me eventually, recently, cos he said his feelings had changed, he still really cares for and loves me, but isnt in love with me anymore.

Basically, what I'm saying is, if you're totally sure you love him, and you wanna be with him, then go for it. But it might not be such a good idea if you're unsure...
  • Options
    sorry to bring this back up.

my friend is still on holiday, and i miss him, and ive been thinking about him alot. i shall see him on thursday when he gets home though.
    thing is, i feel like i'd like to give it a go. but what if it goes wrong and i lose him as a friend?
  • Options
    *bump*
  • Options
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    sorry to bring this back up.

my friend is still on holiday, and i miss him, and ive been thinking about him alot. i shall see him on thursday when he gets home though.
    thing is, i feel like i'd like to give it a go. but what if it goes wrong and i lose him as a friend?

Hrm, young Michelle if you say all these "what-ifs" you could deny yourself plently loving and nice-ness with a young chap.

Don't be so cautious. I've said it before; you're just JUST starting out in life. If I could relieve the past four eyars of my life, I'd SO alter them in such a drastic way I'd be rolling the guys in by the dozen, however, I wouldn't have met Scott..soo..:blush:

Anyways, you effin' well sieze the day young lady. Grab your mate by the shoulders, and smooch and then say "Yes, I quite fancy you."

:p
  • Options
    lol thanx beckie! im gonna see him tommorrow....so i guess we shall see how it goes