Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

routine or variety???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
which is better in a relationship - being stuck in a routine doing the same things every night, or doing different things??

ive been with my b/f for about 7months now, and things are always the same; i go to college - and then either to work and then back to his house for the night, or straight to his house after he's finished work.

he cant seem to understand why this is boring me. we always do the same thing at his - play on his games console til about 9pm, have some fun :naughty::naughty: and then go to sleep.

i :heart: him so much, but im becomming gradually bored of the things we do. i am not bored with him - yet, but in the past its turned into me getting sick of a person+finishing them.

i know this probably sounds really shallow and stupid, but ive tried loadsa things. ive talked to him, but he just got upset+couldn't relate to what i was saying. ive tried us spending time apart, but we always really miss each other :blush:

ive dated a few guys b4 him+he's nothing compaed to him, he is the perfect b/f in my eyes, but i dont want to mess up what we have!
Maybe im just scared of long-term relationships (although i have been in a 1.5 year one, but that was a year ago+ive changed alot sine then)

please please help. any advice and views would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanx :)

Comments

• Options
    me and my boyfriend went through the same problem and fair enough most of our nights are still the same, but every now and then we do different things, when we fancy doing something different we just suggest it to one another and things have been much better. why dont you have a think and decide something fun to do? it doesnt have to cost alot, and then suggest it to him?
  • Options
    getting stuck in a rut is one of the worst things in my opinion
    When your starting to get bored just suggest that you do something, on the spur of the moment without planning it or anything.
  • Options
    I hate routines-
    Im always one to try a new food or drink, go a different place, walk a different way to work etc:
    People foolow such routines every day- even which cubicle/urinal you use in work!

Love women to be spontaneous in every way but especially in a caring and sexual way!
  • Options
    Well I think you've seen my post, and my advice is to do something now before it's too late! Tell your boyfriend that you want to do something fun, something different. If he doesn't get it, maybe you'll have to take the initiative, and organise to take him out somewhere. The coolest thing in the world I'd love to do with my girlfriend would be simply to go camping with her. You might like something different tho...
  • Options
    thank you all for your great advice.i chatted again to him last nite+he understands now. we're going for a picnic 2day+then 2 the cinema+then for a drink with our mates and i cant wait :) !!!
    he bought me an enourmous card, a teddy+a bunch of roses for valentines day+i :heart: them+him so much.
    things are definately much better, so much spontaneous stuff will definately be done.
    thanx once again for every1's great advice :D:D