Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

you make me wanna...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
does anyone ever have this thing, when their attractive to this person who is their friend? like even though you go out with other people and you and this friends are just friends you still feel a bit more towards them?

I have this guy friend, been like really good mates for a year. See him every so often, talk to him online have a laugh etc. Great huh? Except he's my ex bfs best mate AND my best friends ex (confusing I know). I'm still friends with him despite what he did to my best mate and he's still mates with me despite me and his mate breaking up. However, now its like all the old liking feelings I had before I went out with his mate are coming back. Like I keep dreaming about me and him and stuff, and I look at him and think 'damn I want him' but we're just friends!

I don't understand how I can convince myself that that's all we'll ever be because of our respective history?

Comments

• Options
    Carpe Diem.

Don't live on what-ifs!

As Kelly Jones sings in some song, which I can't remember right now, "It's the not knowing that kills you".

Yeah, don't do that, do him instead ;D
  • Options
    Tell him you like him, he might like you aswell. Otherwise you'll never know and you'll just drive yourself mad :p
  • Options
    but what about my best friend? he broke her heart (first love and all?) and then my ex (well I don't care about him) but he's still a factor? :(
  • Options
    Hmm thats complicated, but from my experience being mates first makes the relationship even better. If you can go for it without hurting your friend, or if u can explain to her, hopefully she'll understand, and u should go for it!!

If it doesnt turn out for the best, then u can still be mates!!
  • Options
    God I'm going crazy, I think Im getting mixed signals from him but it could just be harmless flirting in his eyes. I really want to tell him! :(