Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Those of you who are married or with a partner...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do you regret not losing your virginity to the person you're with now?

(I can't answer this question because I'm not married, and I'm single at the moment).

Comments

• Options
    Yes and no.

Yes cos I know this is the person Im going to spend the rest of my life with and it would've been so special to lose my virginity to him.

On the other hand though, (how can I say this without sounding like a bike :eek2: ), it's good to have been with other people too cos I know 40 years down the line, I wont be wondering what sex is like with other men cos I've already been there.

That make sense :eek2:
  • Options
    doesnt bother me. Its never been an issue.
  • Options
  • Options
    Re: Those of you who are married or with a partner...
    Originally posted by crescendo
    Do you regret not losing your virginity to the person you're with now?

(I can't answer this question because I'm not married, and I'm single at the moment).

I did lose my virginity tothe person I'm with now...and I regret that!! :) wish I'd played around more.
  • Options
    I regret not loosing my virginity to the person i am with now. However as other people have said in a way it's better to have slept with other guys instead of just the one you are with now, means you won't be wondering what it would be like with other guys if it turns out you spend the rest of your life with the person you are with now.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Those of you who are married or with a partner...
    Originally posted by byny
    I did lose my virginity tothe person I'm with now...and I regret that!! :) wish I'd played around more.

I kinda agree with that, maybe not regret as such but a wondering what it'd be like to sleep with other people.

I lost my virginity to t'missus, and slept with someone else before we were properly going out, so I know that it wouldn't be better with anyone else. I guess I just wanted a chance at Anna Friel;)
  • Options
    I don't regret it.
  • Options
    If I had have lost my V plates to the wife that would have made my a 25 year old virgin :p

I'm glad I got the chance to experiment with loads of people before Imet the wife. At least I have loads of experience under my belt (excuse the pub :) ) and not thinking about what sex is like with someone else. Except Christina. Or Kylie. Or... :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    If I had have lost my V plates to the wife that would have made my a 25 year old virgin :p

I WAS a 25 year old Virgin!! :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Glittery Vodka
    Yes and no.

Yes cos I know this is the person Im going to spend the rest of my life with and it would've been so special to lose my virginity to him.

On the other hand though, it's good to have been with other people too cos I know 40 years down the line, I wont be wondering what sex is like with other men cos I've already been there.
    I think most people would think that.

So idealy, would it be good if you had lost your virginity to your present partner, but still had the chance to sleep with other people afterwards (with your partners permission of course)? Threesome perhaps???
    That way you get both...
  • Options
    nah that wudnt work either cos if i got to sleep with other people then he would aswell. if it was a 3sum id be like hey bitch get off my guy lol
  • Options
    A little bit but hey, the past is the past. I would prefer it if HE has never slept with anyone else but this is real life!
  • Options
    It doesn't bother me that my girlfriend is the only person I've slept with although human curiosity being what it is, I wonder what it'd be like with other peeps. Then again, I could have slept with a hundred girls before her and still wonder if I was missing out.

But, as those who are in long term relationships know, you can't beat sleeping with someone you really love :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by crescendo
    So idealy, would it be good if you had lost your virginity to your present partner, but still had the chance to sleep with other people afterwards (with your partners permission of course)? Threesome perhaps???
    That way you get both...
    I think if I hadn't of been with other people before, then I wouldnt have the confidence to have a threesome or sleep with other people etc.
  • Options
    don't regret it at all.

if i hadn't had all those bad relationships and all the bad sex before him, i wouldn't appreciate him half as much as i do.
  • Options
    The same as what Glittery Vodka said. I also think that because I appreciate him for what we have, I don't want anyone else, threesomes and the like.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    don't regret it at all.

if i hadn't had all those bad relationships and all the bad sex before him, i wouldn't appreciate him half as much as i do.
    ditto
  • Options
    :no: dont regret him being my first one tiny bit. but like many other people, id messed about to the point before hand where i dont need to wonder what its like to be with anyone else. im totally happy and more than totally satisfied :)
  • Options
    Oddly enough, although I've slept with my fair share of men I acutually lost my virginity to the man I am with now. So no, no regrets :p
  • Options
    No. No regrets.

Mr_Wobble ;)