Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Skipping the lunch queue

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
In my school there are lunchlines like McDonalds. We stand there waiting for ages for food that is sub-standard, high priced and generally yucky.

Never mind that to get there, we have to queue outside in whatever weather, being pushed and herded. Then once we actually get this so called "Food", we have to sit on stupid chairs at stupid tables while ducking and dodging flying food AND cups of drink.

Then there are the teachers. They wander in, skip the queue, never mind that you have been queuing for the last 15 minutes, oh no. The barge in and take their food and walk up the stairs to the staffroom.

There are about 5 queues and 2 dont get used much and one not at all. Why not have a line just for the teachers? "Too much hassle" How???

Not as much a debate but a rant, but I would like you to discuss.

Is it fair that teachers skip the queue

Comments

• Options
    Is it fair that apparently people in prison eat better than kids in school? Maybe that'd make a better debate.

But as for the teachers, I think it's fair. They have a lot to do, papers to mark, lessons to set up and need to eat quickly. Also, they're working hard and you're just getting a free education. It ain't that bad.
  • Options
    Life isn't fair.

Those who hold the power, call the shots.

School dinners have always been bad but you will look back on it with affection one day :yes:
  • Options
    i quite liked my school dinners, but the dinner ladies were scary,a nd the teachers pushed in too, but thats life theres nothing you can do about it
  • Options
    What about taking packed lunch ?

I remember when I was young (lol), I got 25p each day for dinner money and we used to go to the chippy, a bag of chips cost us 10p but you could get half bags for 5p so thats what the majority did. Got sweets and we clubbed together to buy 5 fags.......yes they sold us 5 fags and used to put them in small paper bags.

Gawd them were the days :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    What about taking packed lunch ?

I remember when I was young (lol), I got 25p each day for dinner money and we used to go to the chippy, a bag of chips cost us 10p but you could get half bags for 5p so thats what the majority did. Got sweets and we clubbed together to buy 5 fags.......yes they sold us 5 fags and used to put them in small paper bags.

Gawd them were the days :lol:

bet ya had enough change for the bus ride home too ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    bet ya had enough change for the bus ride home too ;)

lol, nah i only lived round the corner :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonRat
    Is it fair that apparently people in prison eat better than kids in school? Maybe that'd make a better debate.

But as for the teachers, I think it's fair. They have a lot to do, papers to mark, lessons to set up and need to eat quickly. Also, they're working hard and you're just getting a free education. It ain't that bad.

They also get paid, they also chose to be a teacher :yeees:
  • Options
    I'm guessing you wouldnt be best pleased if i used my 6th form privelidge to cut to the front! (I dont though school food sucks)
  • Options
    Originally posted by BlackArab
    Life isn't fair.

Those who hold the power, call the shots.

:yes:
  • Options
  • Options
    Re: Skipping the lunch queue
    Originally posted by Jazza Bing

Then there are the teachers. They wander in, skip the queue, never mind that you have been queuing for the last 15 minutes, oh no. The barge in and take their food and walk up the stairs to the staffroom.

They need their grub after dealing with screaming kids all morning.
  • Options
    Teachers deserve to be able to push in, after having to teach you lot all morning. It's the least they deserve, in fact.

So you'll just have to deal with it :yes:
  • Options
    perhaps you could suggest something like what i had in my school.

there was like a rota so say year11s on monday get to eat lunch first but then on tuesday they can't start queuing until 12.15 because year10 have priority on that day. so on etc. and thats how we did it so it was fairer. we also had ID cards or dinner passes so we couldn't cheat.
  • Options
    *To Frere Jaques*

School Dinners, School Dinners
    Concrete Chips, Concrete Chips
    Soggy Semolina, Soggy Semolina
    I feel sick, get the bucket quick
    It's too late, I've done it on my plate

Ah, to be 9 again. How the time flies. :(
  • Options
    Teachers have a right to cut into the queue after having to teach all morning. Sixth formers have the same right as we're above the rest of the rabble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Luce
    Teachers have a right to cut into the queue after having to teach all morning. Sixth formers have the same right as we're above the rest of the rabble ;)

when i was in 6th form we didnt get to jump, still had to queue with the pissy arsed little 3rd years