Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Too Corny???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I met a girl last sat night at a wine bar, had seem her there before. Went to coffee after, bit of kissing, shared a cab, dropping her of first, then i went home along ( happy to) I want to send her a valentine, i know where she lives obviously. We were going to catch up on the valentine weekend, but ill be interstate, so going to meet the next wed. Would a girl think this is sweet or a bit weird??? I sound like a 14 yr old.

Comments

• Options
    Thats exactly what i wanna know mate, do girls actually like the cards??
  • Options
    Yes!!! Yes, we do like Valentine's cards. And also, don't scare her off by telling her you're madly in love with her and she's the most beautiful thing in the world. I'd say a jokey but flirty tone would work best. Just something fun and mysterious - and of course anonymous! But I'm sure she'll guess...
  • Options
    Geez why do i have to know girls who don't like them? The one I sent one to last year (and it was more of a friendship card than a love one) didn't speak to me for two weeks!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Rocks
    Geez why do i have to know girls who don't like them? The one I sent one to last year (and it was more of a friendship card than a love one) didn't speak to me for two weeks!

I think you were just unlucky there! lol
    I've never met a girl who doesn't like recieving Valentines cards...they're nice :D
  • Options
    i'm sure she's secretly hoping you send her one.

just make it a jokey, flirty one as said but i wouldn't make it anonymous.
    just write happy valentines blah and that you're looking forward to seeing her again.
  • Options
    probably because she didn't fancy you and it scared her even if it was just a friendship one.
    oh and ignoring someone is incredibly immature.
  • Options
    If it was me I'd love to get one!!

In fact, I'd love to get one from anybody right now...
  • Options
    Yes, definately send her a card, but write your name in it ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    but write your name in it ;)

That's what I did too! And look where it got me!!! ^ ^
  • Options
    That's what I did too! And look where it got me!!! ^ ^

but whats the point in sending a card without your name in it? They won't know it's from you, so you may aswell just not bother. Waste of time!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    but whats the point in sending a card without your name in it? They won't know it's from you, so you may aswell just not bother. Waste of time!

Yeah I know hence why i did it! So just don't bother...

OH WHY did St. Valentine have to bloody exist... i'm in such a good mood this week I can tell i'll be really crap come the weekend...
  • Options
    Thanks guys, that was my first question, advice on here. Its reasuring to see others out there who have similar views and worries and importanly advice to share, Cheers everyone.