Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

miscarriage AND the pill (2 subjects)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK, just a few questions:

1) Can you miscarry as soon as you become pregnant? Or is there a minimum number of weeks before it can happen?

2) Is there a lot of blood? (Or discharge, whatever)

3) Does it hurt?

AND

4) If you take two packets of the pill straight after one another, is it possible to come on your period before the end of the first packet?

(I think it's pretty obvious where these questions are headed :-/ )

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Re: miscarriage AND the pill (2 subjects)
    Originally posted by dominatrix
    OK, just a few questions:

1) Can you miscarry as soon as you become pregnant? Or is there a minimum number of weeks before it can happen?

2) Is there a lot of blood? (Or discharge, whatever)

3) Does it hurt?

AND

4) If you take two packets of the pill straight after one another, is it possible to come on your period before the end of the first packet?

(I think it's pretty obvious where these questions are headed :-/ )

1. you can miscarry as soon as you conceive. you just dont really notice it.

2. think its different for everyone

3. again, think its different for everyone

4. i dont think so
  • Options
  • Options
    Sweetie, you should ask a nurse or doctor this stuff. Not trying to be mean. I'm sure everyone here has great advice and all, but what you're asking in my opinion requires medical experience to answer.
    I have questions as well, are you in pain? Are you bleeding more than you normally would on your period? If so, I suggest u seek med attention.
  • Options
    Hi there

Reading between the lines, it sounds like you are worried that you may have misscarried. As Lady Nightingale said, if this is the case, you really should book an appointment at your GP. I have dug out some links for you to read more about misscarriage - and if you need any support around the issue, you'll find the Miscarriage Association helpful.

TheSite's feature on misscarriage

The Miscarriage Association

http://www.womens-health.co.uk/miscarr.htm

Hope this helps.

Take care

Hannah Spanner xx
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    if the only chance you've had to become pregnant is very recently then i will hazard a guess and say that all you have experienced is an unexpected painful and heavy period which has been caused by running packs together when your body isn't used to it.

That's the thing though, it wasn't heavy; it was reeeeeeeally light, and I've had hardly any blood today; plus it's kinda got discharge in too. I'm thinking it's maybe just a period that's confused by the hormones but I'm gonna get a pregnancy test tomorrow just to see.

Thanks everyone for your advice :)