Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

asking out

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
heya everyone, i've got a small problem at the moment...

i really like this girl... really really like. shes in the year below me (just turned 17, im 18 in August). I honestly don't have the courage to ask her out... i've had the chance quite a few times, but i chicken out before i ask.

How do i ask her out? How can i build up my confidence? Me, her and a group of friends are all going up to london over half term, so i could do it then. what do you think?

Comments

• Options
    Not a good idea in London because if it goes wrong, you're stranded. Do you talk to her on MSN?
  • Options
    the thing is with london, they are going up to be touristy, im going there because we havn't seen my gran for a while, but im allowed to disappear off with them for ages... so if it went wrong, i wouldnt be stranded.

shes not on msn, and i havnt even got her mobile number yet :(
  • Options
    Ok maybe use london to get her number so you can call her later when you have to go. Also, maybe trade emails and talk on MSN for a while - you should be able to suss thing out.

If you want to dive right in, you could either just ask her straight out; or hold her hand and see if she minds.
  • Options
    im thinking about going to see her before she goes home... maybe ill ask for her mobile number then.