Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

im just not sure

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
its been almost 2 years wid my bf n iv loved him wid all my heart... now its been 8 months dat we havent even seen eacother n now il b seeing him in the summers for sure...right now i chat wid him for long hours on msn n the fone too...he says he loves me too n is ready for sex but im just not sure abt it...its not that i dont love him i do but sex is big time comitment for me n its not dat big a deal for him...its my 1st time not his n he says he needs sex...i wonder wat makes me unsure abt sex...mayb my morals, values, religion... but shudnt he understand..or am i being unfair??? i need help guys

im fine wid kissing n making out cuz i really do like'em
he might LEAVE me if im firm abt it

Comments

• Options
    You don't need to use text speak here. There's no character limit.

If you don't feel ready for sex then don't have it.
  • Options
    perhaps you don't feel ready because you haven't seen him for 8months. you haven't kissed or cuddled or held hands for so long! it's no wonder you don't feel ready to lose your virginity.
  • Options
    sorry i couldnt read that, text talk really is annoying please re type
  • Options
    8 months....:eek2:
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    8 months....:eek2:

thats what i was thinking!
  • Options

yupp hes gone abroad to study
  • Options
    Originally posted by hybrid
    thats what i was thinking!

you're always thinking what I'm thinking! :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    sorry i couldnt read that, text talk really is annoying please re type

Here you go:

It's been almost 2 years with my boyfriend & I've loved him with all my heart. Now it's been 8 months that we haven't even seen each other & now I'll be seeing him in the summer for sure.

Right now I chat with him for long hours on msn & the phone to. He says he loves me to & is ready for sex but i'm just not sure about it. It's not that i don't love him i do but sex is a big time commitment for me & it's not that big a deal for him.

It's my 1st time but not his & he says he needs sex. I wonder what makes me unsure about sex. Maybe my morals, values, religion, but shouldn't he understand or am i being unfair???

I need help guys

I'm fine with kissing & making out because I really do like him but he might LEAVE me if i'm firm about it.

Happy now that you can read it :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    you're always thinking what I'm thinking! :p

lol stop stealing my thoughts!!
  • Options
    now its too long, damnit

and if you think 8 months is long it shows shes got morals (not saying you lot aint but i respect people for that)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    now its too long, damnit

and if you think 8 months is long it shows shes got morals (not saying you lot aint but i respect people for that)

how does 8 months show that she has morals? :confused: i thought it just meant that they havent had the oppurtunity to see eachother in 8 months....not that she's been holding out for 8 months
  • Options
    thanx char_baby

well its true iv been all good for 8 months no hanky panky
    even though my bf kinda acted weird wen he reachd dere but soon the fever was over n he missed nav n good times too
  • Options
    Re: thanx char_baby
    Originally posted by Nav
    well its true iv been all good for 8 months no hanky panky
    even though my bf kinda acted weird wen he reachd dere but soon the fever was over n he missed nav n good times too
    im usually quite patient with text talk but that was just ridiculous.
  • Options
    Re: Re: thanx char_baby
    Originally posted by lipsy
    im usually quite patient with text talk but that was just ridiculous.

i didn't understand it either
  • Options
    well i didnt read the post :blush:

but holding out for 8 months would show she had moral standing, i dunno :confused:
  • Options
    yes it would because it means she was willing to wait that long for him and not just give up and go off with someone else.

also...when you're a moderator for a sydney teen dance party thingy you get very used to text type.
    ...it aint that hard to read. It irritates me too but you know.... obviously people do it so yeahhh...

Yah as for you....just spend some time wif him see how ya feel
    anyway....good luck
  • Options
    I'm a bit surprised that nobody could be arsed to do anything other than make unhelpful comments about text talk here - it might be a bit of an effort to read but SeventhWave is right, it's not impossible. And the girl asked for advice.

Nav, the way you're talking about this relationship makes it sound very much as if he's just using you. Of course we don't know the whole story, but going on what you've said, you don't feel ready to lose your virginity but your boyfriend's pressuring you to do it. Saying he 'needs sex' etc is ridiculous, and of course he should be more understanding! If you're fine with making out but no more, then leave it at that. If he can't deal with it, he's not worth being with. And if he leaves you if you won't sleep with him, what kind of person is he? Surely not someone you want to waste your time on.

Also, the way you say it's not that big a deal for him - sounds as if he really doesn't see it as a serious thing taking your virginity. He just wants to get laid. He reeeeally sounds like bad news, and to be honest I don't think he's worth it. Do you really want to wait 8 months for this guy?

Anyway I'm getting a bit judgmental now so I'll shut up, but you get the picture...
  • Options
    ClaireBearClaireBear Deactivated Posts: 467 Listening Ear
    Originally posted by perfect***day
    I'm a bit surprised that nobody could be arsed to do anything other than make unhelpful comments about text talk here - it might be a bit of an effort to read but SeventhWave is right, it's not impossible. And the girl asked for advice.

Nav - I know it's seemed like everyone's had a go at you about the text talk thing but we do ask that people don't use it on the boards here as it excludes those that don't use it all the time.

Everyone else - it's probably best to explain to people why they shouldn't use text talk rather than just expecting them to know... that way no one feels attacked which'll just add insult to injury if they're already feeling down.

CB
  • Options
    couldn't have said it better myself *applauds* give the poor girl a break!
  • Options

Nav, the way you're talking about this relationship makes it sound very much as if he's just using you. Of course we don't know the whole story, but going on what you've said, you don't feel ready to lose your virginity but your boyfriend's pressuring you to do it. Saying he 'needs sex' etc is ridiculous, and of course he should be more understanding! If you're fine with making out but no more, then leave it at that. If he can't deal with it, he's not worth being with. And if he leaves you if you won't sleep with him, what kind of person is he? Surely not someone you want to waste your time on.

Um, that's all very well and good, but people do need sex. Not in some kind of 'Oh my God, if I don't get sex I'm going to die' kind of way, but within a relationship sex is important for that relationship to be healthy.
    I don't know how old she/he is and of course it's different if she's young, but just because the guy wants sex doesn't make him a bad person. He's obviously been waiting a long time too (or am I wrong?) so it's not like he's the big evil man only out for sex. He's been with her a long time, if he just wanted sex then I'm sure he could just go fuck someone.

If someone made me wait God knows how long I'd leave them too. Two years is far too long, but like I said, it's different if shes young.
  • Options
    look I didn't read the second pg but if he says he needs sex and you're afraid of losing him, he's not worth it. You shouldn't be pressured to do anything you don't want to. If he really knows you and cares about you he wouldn't even ask. You need a guy that respects your feelings not someone that tries to manipulate them. My two cents anyway.
  • Options
    Originally posted by DaisyChainThing
    Um, that's all very well and good, but people do need sex. Not in some kind of 'Oh my God, if I don't get sex I'm going to die' kind of way, but within a relationship sex is important for that relationship to be healthy.
    I don't know how old she/he is and of course it's different if she's young, but just because the guy wants sex doesn't make him a bad person. He's obviously been waiting a long time too (or am I wrong?) so it's not like he's the big evil man only out for sex. He's been with her a long time, if he just wanted sex then I'm sure he could just go fuck someone.

agreed, I think it just sounds a lot worse because she's not seen him in a long while and is very nervous :-s
  • Options
    Originally posted by LadyNightingale
    look I didn't read the second pg but if he says he needs sex and you're afraid of losing him, he's not worth it. You shouldn't be pressured to do anything you don't want to. If he really knows you and cares about you he wouldn't even ask. You need a guy that respects your feelings not someone that tries to manipulate them. My two cents anyway.
    You didn't read the 2nd page? Did you read the first post??

They have being together for 2yrs, surely most people would want to take the relationship to the next level after this length of time.

I agree if its not what she wants then she shouldn't be pressured into doing it but LadyNightingale saying "he shouldn't even ask" is just plain stupid.
  • Options

If someone made me wait God knows how long I'd leave them too. Two years is far too long, but like I said, it's different if shes young.

I waited a year to have sex with my boyfriend. Ther's nothing wrong with being sure
  • Options
    Yeah, I never said there was anything 'wrong' with it, but there's nothing wrong with him wanting sex either.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lickalotapuss
    You didn't read the 2nd page? Did you read the first post??

They have being together for 2yrs, surely most people would want to take the relationship to the next level after this length of time.

I agree if its not what she wants then she shouldn't be pressured into doing it but LadyNightingale saying "he shouldn't even ask" is just plain stupid.

So what if she's actually saving herself until she gets married? So because it's been two years that automatically entitles him to pussy? WTF? Don't you think she has some say in it? He shouldn't even ask, from the way she made it sound he's been begging and begging and she don't want to give it up, that is her perogative. So NO, he shouldn't even ask, and now he's trying to manipulate. What's STUPID is there are people here that think she should give it up because it's been two years. What's STUPID is if she is trying to save herself, some people gotta dog her out instead of encouraging her.
    Girl, your bf is a slimeball and from this thread, he's in good company. Let him go and go find yourself someone decent.

I'm starting to believe that there's no hope at all for the future generation. No human respect at all from what it looks like. Yes, I'm being judgemental, I'm looking at each young lady here as someones daughter. As well as each young man as someones son.
  • Options

"Nav, the way you're talking about this relationship makes it sound very much as if he's just using you. Of course we don't know the whole story, but going on what you've said, you don't feel ready to lose your virginity but your boyfriend's pressuring you to do it. Saying he 'needs sex' etc is ridiculous, and of course he should be more understanding! If you're fine with making out but no more, then leave it at that. If he can't deal with it, he's not worth being with. And if he leaves you if you won't sleep with him, what kind of person is he? Surely not someone you want to waste your time on."

See, this is what I'm talking about. Who the fuck NEEDS sex so bad that they feel they should pressure someone into it. Go pay someone for goodness sake, or jack off. Just make sure to name it STUPID as your flushing it down the toilet. :rolleyes:
  • Options

See, this is what I'm talking about. Who the fuck NEEDS sex so bad that they feel they should pressure someone into it. Go pay someone for goodness sake, or jack off. Just make sure to name it STUPID as your flushing it down the toilet. :rolleyes:

Yeah, cos wanking really compares to sex. :yeees: All I said that it's not wrong for him to want sex. Because it's not. They've been together, TWO YEARS. Who realistically wants to wait that long?

Maybe in some people heres pretend lovey dovey world where people don't get horny and stay together purely for love :heart: it would be, but this is the real world. I'm sure there are plenty of people who do wait that long, and more power to them, but the majority? Longest I've waited is about 8/9 months. And it was a bloody nightmare. But that one's a bit more complicated. :p

If he is pressuring her all the time, then yeah, he's a dick, but I bet if it were the other way round and some woman were nagging about how her boyfriend won't fuck her then a bunch of women would be up in arms saying there's something 'wrong' with him.
  • Options
    So what if she's actually saving herself until she gets married? So because it's been two years that automatically entitles him to pussy? WTF? Don't you think she has some say in it?
    If she's saving herself to get married then fine, have you read what I wrote?? NO it doesn't entitle him to pussy, once again have you read what i wrote?? YES she has got a say in it. Tell you what i'' post what i wrote agin.
    Look I say she shouldn't be pressured but there is nothing wrong with the guy asking. If she says "NO" then fine, if he pressurises then yes he is a nob.
    He shouldn't even ask, from the way she made it sound he's been begging and begging and she don't want to give it up, that is her perogative. So NO, he shouldn't even ask, and now he's trying to manipulate.
    I aren't reading the whole thread again but I didn't read anywhere that he has being begging and begging.
    What's STUPID is there are people here that think she should give it up because it's been two years. What's STUPID is if she is trying to save herself, some people gotta dog her out instead of encouraging her.
    I haven't "dogged her out" as you say. I only commented on your post really.
    Girl, your bf is a slimeball and from this thread, he's in good company. Let him go and go find yourself someone decent.
    Lets "dog out" her BF then, that is soooo much better. That statement is "STUPID"
  • Options
    Look, that's what I meant as well, if he asks once and she says she's not into it yet or maybe not ever until she gets married that should be the end of it. I didn't say he couldn't ask at all. Some girls may be turned off by being hounded all the time. I find arguing with you about this silly considering your sig line. You say you would get mad after so long, but you love to masturbate. :rolleyes: :eek2:

"They have being together for 2yrs, surely most people would want to take the relationship to the next level after this length of time." That's also assuming we are talking about an adult relationship too.

Quoted by DaisyChainThing- "If he is pressuring her all the time, then yeah, he's a dick, but I bet if it were the other way round and some woman were nagging about how her boyfriend won't fuck her then a bunch of women would be up in arms saying there's something 'wrong' with him."

No, because if it were me and he wouldn't give it up, I'd move around. I wouldn't want to be pressured myself, so why do it to someone else?