Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Hypothetically..hmm yeh right..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hypothetically, say your boyfriend or girlfriend had got a job as a club or bar PR in somewhere like Ibiza or Tenerife for 2 or 3 months, would you trust them to go out there and not cheat on you, especially if their job title was this:

Your nights will be spent getting drunk and chatting people up whilst your days will be spent recovering in the sun.

Would you split up for the time they were out there or have an open relationship or would you just trust them..

And if it was you going abroad to work, would what would you do?

Comments

• Options
    open relationship.
    by the first week they could miss you like fuck so you don't want to call it off. or they could find someone and feel very gulity and become very torn because they don't want to betray you. so, personaly i would have an open relationship.

luby
  • Options
    No. I think however much I trusted my man, I wouldn't expect him not to stray in a job like that. To be honest, if I had a problem with it I'd be upset about him taking up that job - one of the big reasons guys do a job like club PR at holiday destinations is to pull and have a laugh. Which is a fine reason, but surely not if you're in a serious(ish) relationship with someone. So I don't think a guy I was in a relationship with would do it.

But getting back to the point, if he did do it, and I felt able to deal with it, I'd opt for an open relationship - I'd pretty much let him do what he wanted as long as I knew what was going on, and if any flirting/kissing etc led to anything more, like a whole fling or romantic attachment, I'd want him to tell me and then I'd probably have to end it.