Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Continuous Period

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ever since the day I hit puberty and had my first period, it has never been regular and was always very heavy.

Due to this and many other reasons, I decided to go on the injection for about a year and half or so.

Anyways.... my point I'm trying to get to is that I've been off the injection for 2 years now. Got my periods which are irregular as usual but there are now times I would miss my period for a couple times then other times I would have my period a couple times a month.

Is this normal? Has anyone else ever experienced this before?

XoX Cheers! XoX

Comments

• Options
    I've never been on the injection, but i know a few people who have, and they all, without exception, said that they had really messed up periods after coming off it. I think it's one of those things, and apparently they saw the doctor and they couldn't do anything about it either. I do feel for you though, i was on the pill for 3 years, and then recently had an IUS fitted, and i've been waiting for 2 and a half months for my period to come and it hasn't - i've just been spotting off and on for all that time. Grrrrr!! :mad:
  • Options
    Ah Cheers! :)

At least I know I aint the only one experiencing this.
    It's bloody annoying and frustrating :banghead:
    Just have to be patient then.

Thanks again for your post -

XoX Sam XoX
  • Options
    Hi there
    Why don't you give one of the following helplines a call? They'lol be able to talk through your symptoms - and maybe help you find a better method of contraception:~

Brook Advisory Centres
    Advice, counselling and medical help around contraception, pregnancy, abortion and sexual health.
    Telephone: 0800 0185023

Family Planning Association
    Information service on family planning and all aspects of sexual health.
    Helpline: 0845 3101334
    www.fpa.org.uk

Hope that helps
    ;)
  • Options
    YEAH!

I have that!

I was on the jab, and I came off of it about 9 months ago, and went on the pill - came off of that and my periods are all over the effin' SHIP!

I think I'll need to go back on the pill to regulate em about, cause they're so irreagular and I dunno when they come, because the cramps aren't like proper cramps: they're sort of butterfly-ish/twinges yanno?

It's seriously annoying >:|

I've had a period now for about two weeks. Went through a packet of tampons already and I'm WELL into the second pack :\

Yeah, trip to the FPA should do. :)