Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

how do you explain it?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
how do you explain a drug experience to someone like beckyboo who asks but has only had experiences of alcohol?
i find it almost impossible.
i tend to go into the spiritual as oposed to the confusion and incapcaitating effects of booze.
come on ...try and explain why your drug is so appealing to you.
my drug of choice is cannabis ...i'll be smoking it till the day i die i'm smoking it right now ... even though i occasionaly get too busy and involved in lifes responsibilities to be bothering sometimes. to me ...my weed is my magic carpet of a journey into the depths of self ...a journey into the mind and beyond ...a revelation.
i also use it with alcohol to get a wee bit blitzed and silly and love the feeling.
HELP ...how DO you explain it?

Comments

• Options
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh probably.

I can't, the only thing i'd say is smoke a joint and listen to your favourite song. It's undescribable, really.
  • Options
    Buddhists believe (this not referring to drugs, but i guess it explains it) that a person has two parts to them. Their mind and body. Like two sides of a coin. They are different, but at the same time they arent different, they are the same.

When youre on drugs (some durgs), part of you may recognise that your mind and body are the same, whilst theres another side, that truely feels like they are different. In every day life people accept that the mind and body are the same, theyre interdependent they work together. On some drugs, people can gain a different understanding, like a Zen buddhist has. They're different, still related but whilst being the same the opposite.. You can distinguish between the two.

I dont know how clear it is, maybe ive not explained it too well, but i think thats basically how i see it.

Every drug is different however, this explanation doesnt work for all drugs. I cant even try to go on to explain how each drug feels.
  • Options
    we could sit here discussing all day what it feels like but we would sell it short, it might be worth trying to look up how professors and what not describe psychoactive chemicals if you want really "indepth" detail.

i agree with what you say minxy i read that and it made so much sense to me.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lil_minx
    Buddhists believe (this not referring to drugs, but i guess it explains it) that a person has two parts to them. Their mind and body. Like two sides of a coin. They are different, but at the same time they arent different, they are the same.

When youre on drugs (some durgs), part of you may recognise that your mind and body are the same, whilst theres another side, that truely feels like they are different. In every day life people accept that the mind and body are the same, theyre interdependent they work together. On some drugs, people can gain a different understanding, like a Zen buddhist has. They're different, still related but whilst being the same the opposite.. You can distinguish between the two.

I dont know how clear it is, maybe ive not explained it too well, but i think thats basically how i see it.

Every drug is different however, this explanation doesnt work for all drugs. I cant even try to go on to explain how each drug feels.
    PMSL minx! i can't see becky getting much understanding from that i'm afraid.
  • Options
    You cannot explain a drug experience to someone who has never tried drugs.
  • Options
    Roll... Digital Emotion understood it so she may well do.

Like Shogun said, you cant explain it.. i tried my best :9 i guess you have to understand buddhism to understand my analogy maybe :(
  • Options
    Each time a person takes a drug it is unique and can be good or bad, the drug effect could go anyway anytime...crazy,calm,panic,enjoyment,different every time.
  • Options
    It depends very greatly on the drug really. I'd aggree that describing a trip to someone who has never done one it nigh on impossible really.

But then I suppose is describing how you feel on other drugs.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Each time a person takes a drug it is unique and can be good or bad, the drug effect could go anyway anytime...crazy,calm,panic,enjoyment,different every time.

So when you get the panic stage, is that like having a panic attack ?
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo

Not really, you just kinda get paranoid and get a bit sketchy about everything then it passes... depends what drug ya doing.
  • Options
    it's more like ...oh fuck man ...i'm going insane! i'm loosing my marbles! i'm never going to get back to normal!

oh thats not as bad as it sounds ...it saves on the lungs and then you pass along into bliss with a grin from ear to ear ...and on the evening moves ...
  • Options
    The 'panic' can vary between full on fear to just mild nervousness.

I have had 'The Fear' a few times, this is where you really are concerned for your safety, sanity etc. There have been a couple of times when I thought I was about to be arrested, actually both times were just me being paranoid but they were scary. I've also had one time on a trip where I really thought I might not be coming back.

These types of experiences though are very rare and really only happen with the stronger drugs.
  • Options
    The closest ive been to 'The Fear' was on a speed binge... couldnt leave the stuff alone, couldnt sleep, my boyfriend was having a 5 hour long trip (no exaggeration, he wasnt there.. at all for 5 hours, just in his dream world talking to people who wernt there, when he did talk to me, he called me by his best mates name and talked about me to me...) so with the panic of my fella being in another world, and me diving into the bag of speed every bloody second i thought i was going to be trapped in speed forever... Didnt sleep or eat for days, we went shopping and i felt like a zombie, running around corners to have some more speed every opportunity we got. Was pretty scary at the time.
  • Options
    Things do have a tendancy to get a bit wierd if your awake on speed for too long. Especially if you make the mistake I've done and do acid at the end of it...hmmm, that was wise.
  • Options
    you melon! ;)
  • Options
    Yeah, well, the mate I was with at the time wasnt exactly, erm stable at the time. I have since told him I am never doing any trips with him ever again.

It was 48 hours awake on a mix of things, then 5 tabs of cid and he asked me to kill him....then it got worse and weirder, then I blacked out from tiredness about two hours later.
  • Options
    :eek2:
  • Options
    I can see what you mean, he wasnt exactly the best choice for the experience. Its when you do cid to keep yourself awake after a night out you know your in for a rough ride.

I was young and he was a mate of mine, I couldnt really say to him, "fuck off I'm doing acid with you, you nutter" although I have since.
  • Options
    Being young is all about learning, well its about learning at any age.. but the best lessons come from experience i think! And you know how to pick your company when youre taking drugs now.. so, good thing to have happened!
  • Options
    Thinkg of it, I have a friend had his first class A drug experience in the summer at the age of 19 with my friends and I.. he rocketed through all the drugs, then turned to acid and ket a few months ago (thats what Peach does for ya!!) and seeing him after a night at Peach the next morning he goes to the cafe in Camden has a few tabs and oh my.... watching him during that day is entertaining to say the least. If a bit worrying!
  • Options
    I didnt do anything other than puff before I was 18, but then thats quite old for that now.
  • Options
    yup, its shocking how young kids are starting. I was 14 with puff. Thats terribly young and its getting younger and younger. 14 year olds now, many have progressed to class A.
  • Options
    Oh definately, it was very rare at my school for anyone to even think about doing anything other than puff before they were 17-18.

It sure is scary, why even our little Shogun is doing pills and such now isnt he, how time passes, he'll be leaving home before we know it, then he wont phone, he'll be off in the big bad world all by himself.
  • Options
    hehehe.. so paternal!

bless our little shogun! :p
  • Options
    Little Shogun? I'm 18 in a month, what age are you two? 20 and 24?

Bong you make it sound like your very old, go on tell us your age.

I've only taken pills 3 times, the last time was new years eve, haven't since then, that's the way to use them i think, take them every now and then and not every weekend.
  • Options

When you sit there freaking out and getting very paranoid and such you just sort of go with it, think fuck it i'm here nothing will happen i'm fucked enjoy it, it will wear off in the end so just enjoy it now...most people don't have panic attacks when they are out on drugs i see loads of people every weekend out.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda

It sure is scary, why even our little Shogun is doing pills and such now isnt he, how time passes, he'll be leaving home before we know it, then he wont phone, he'll be off in the big bad world all by himself.
    ooooh bongbudda ...that was very dark and cold ...but it was full of possibilities.
    tread your future with care ...

every generation of younsters feel like they are going to live forever ...life is so long ...death is so far away ...the future always turns out to be a lot shorter and so much faster than your young brain can comprehend or plan for ...heed wise words.
    when your giving advice to someone along the way ...check first ...do i listen to what I'M saying?
  • Options
    I was only joking Rolly, I actually thought Shogun was younger than that, I dont know why, I thought he was like 16 but acted older. I'm all confused on the issue.

Your right though, it feels like your untouchable when your younger, that you can get away with anything.
  • Options
    noooo shogun youre not 18 :eek:

bloody hell..
  • Options
    Exactly, hasnt he grown up fast.