Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

If you never knew....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've got no idea if this is in the right place but here goes....

Ok the thing is i had an ultrasound scan this week. I thought i was 11 weeks pregnant but i'm 5 months!! I was amazed.
When i spoke to the midwife yesterday i told her i had a very heavy period in october (we're talking niagra falls here.... sorry to be so graphic!). She said theres a strong chance that i was carrying twins but miscarried one of them.

Although it was a shock i wasn't upset, neither was my boyfriend. Since then i've told my and his parents and my close friends. They are all really sorry, saying if i need a shoulder to cry on etc... But i'm not upset. As far as i see it i lost something i never know i had but i have a healthy baby inside me.

My mum thinks i'm in denial and is threatening to drive all the way up to uni to comfort me!! Is it really that abnormal not to be upset. I'm starting to feel guilty for not being

I'd be interested to know what you think

Thanx

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, thats kinda my theory......only less bikes!!:D
  • Options
    it seems a bit wierd that shes insisting youre upset when you tell her youre not. Maybe shes the one whos upset about it, which is fair enough I guess. Maybe itll hit you when you actually have the baby or it might hit you at some point in the future if you see someone with twins, but theres every chance you wont be upset, and your mum shouldnt project her own feelings on to you.
  • Options
    i reckon the whole twin thing was a bit surreal.You thought you had 1 baby+you do.You wernt expecting to hear you might have had a miscarrage+may have been expecting twins so it may seem a bit unreal+take a while to register.
    i think, but i am quite possibly wrong!
  • Options
    i can see why you wouldnt be upset, but i can also see why your mum is worried about you. dont feel guilty for not being upset though, they say that lots of people have miscarriages and never even know they were pregnant. at least you have a healthy baby to look forward to.

its really scary that you're so far on and didn't know though!!

:eek:
  • Options
    chances are that it will affect you later on.... i'm not saying it will but i think that you it will probably sink in in the future