Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

i just want someone, but its to hard

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
At the pub tonight all i got to see apart from my drink was lots of very attractive girls getting off with ugly blokes. I had to leave, its my bday soon, then valentines day, mates dont see me for my bday cos they are too busy spending valentines day with their girl friends or their boy friends.

while i have no one for two occasions.

Girls tell me i have a heart of gold and im really nice, but girls dont want that, i get told they aint attracted to me, but im better looking than the blokes they go for. One friend even said maybe its just me as a whole and thats the problem, im the problem even though i got a really nice personality, im confidant and chatty and everything. Its just so hard and every day it feels worse and worse foir many more varied reasons i dont wana go into.

Comments

• Options
    hmm you seem to have really bad problems, likei have awful luck too man... i get the "oh youre lovely, loadsa other girls must want you" when they dont cause they say the same

all i can suggest is that youre caring too much, i know it gets really bad sometimes, but try not to look for it and it comes and slaps you in the face, im sure most people can say thats true...

i see ugly guys with hot girls but itsall in the eye of the beholder and these guys have confidence, they may have a success rate of 1 in a hundred, but they try it on that many they succeed

hope this helps and some more experience people reply (im only 18)
  • Options
    Re: i just want someone, but its to hard

• Options
    I'm gonna be honest, so look away if you don't want to hear.

You need to sort out the self-esteem- low self-esteem is such a huge turn-off. You'll often see the gorgeous girls going with ugly womanisers because they're the only lads who will ever have the guts to go up to them and ask them, everyone else shies away and then complains when the ugly twat gets the girl.

I don't think it's true that girls particularly like the "bad boy", I think it's just that the "bad-boy" has the confidence- confidence is the turn-on.

As well as that, the more you worry about not having anyone the more desperate you will appear, and the less likely you are to find anyone. I stopped looking, and girls started throwing themselves at me :lol:

But seriously, just be yourself but have the confidence to ask girls out. The trouble with "getting to know them" is basically what Keira says- if you get too close you become a close friend, and for many girls going out with a close friend is as wrong as going out with her brother. Don't ask me why, it's just the way it seems to be.

Hope you get the breaks you deserve, mate. Stop trying so hard, and enjoy being single- at least you don't have to pay the exorbitant Valentines prices:p
  • Options
    maybe there is a sense of patheticness?
  • Options
    Originally posted by molo
    maybe there is a sense of patheticness?

ooooh...if someone said that to me i'd get a bit defensive...its a bit harsh.
  • Options
    Re: i just want someone, but its to hard
    im better looking than the blokes they go for. i got a really nice personality, im confidant and chatty and everything. [/B]

know that this could sound a bit harsh but could they not find you a bit big headed?