Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Secret Admirers and confessing all...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How would you want to find out you've got a secret admirer or how would you tell your crush you like them?

My mate likes a guy who works in our local shopping centre. She's seen him 4-5 times in the last month cos she keeps having to go into the shop he works in to get something sorted. He knows her mobile number (and address, home number and place of work) but only because he had to take her details for a contract she signed. Obviously, due to Data Protection and all that jazz, he can't use them for anything but work, so she's thinking of her next move.. Any ideas?

One suggestion is getting me (why to I always get roped into things like this?!) to send him an anonymous Valentines Day card with her number in it (he vaguely knows me from the past - if I signed the card "a helpful friend" he would probably know it was me), tho I'm not too sure...

How would you want to find out you had a secret admirer? She doesn't know if he's got a gf or anything so she's reluctant to just ask him straight out for his number - she claims she's shy! ;)

Comments

• Options
    Isn't it just easier if your friend sends the card? I don't understand what can be gained from you writing out and sending the card.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Embarrassment factor - she can always deny everything and say I did it without telling her if it all backfires... so she says
  • Options
    She should still take the plunge, take the chance, take the risk, and send the card herself anyway.

Ok, so if she gets rejected it could hurt, but I reckon if it works it'll build her confidence.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    She's got a major "fear of rejection" thing tho... :rolleyes:

Anyone else got any ideas?

How would you really love your Valentines Day to work out - how would you want to find out you've got an admirer? Or what do you wish you had the balls to do to let someone know you like them?! ;)
  • Options
  • Options
    If there's one sure-fire way of getting rejected then it's getting your mate to ask someone out for you.

As for other ideas, I don't have any:(
  • Options
    I've just been thinking. I've never had a secret admirer. Well, at least not one I've known about. I suppose if I knew about them, then they wouldn't be a "secret" admirer, would they? :D

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    If there's one sure-fire way of getting rejected then it's getting your mate to ask someone out for you.

Strictly speaking, it's not me asking him out for her - it's her phone number, written in a card, in my handwriting (which is completely different to hers)... What he does with it is upto him... *sigh* I've got to do something, she's driving me round the bend! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    If 'Your Friend' is shy and you're willing to help her out. Go for it. Let your friend write the card out with her mobile number and her name. Let him know who its from.

If I was given a mobile number like that and didn't know who owned it, I wouldn't phone it up - not known who it could be.

Let him have the option.. to see if he's interested.

Still got a risk of rejection but at least your friend won't have to stand infront of him with embarrassment.

If she likes the guy that much she has to pull herself together and go for it. Won't be the end of the world if he doesn't phone.

XoX Sam XoX
  • Options
    Originally posted by Crystal Tipps
    Strictly speaking, it's not me asking him out for her - it's her phone number, written in a card, in my handwriting (which is completely different to hers)... What he does with it is upto him... *sigh* I've got to do something, she's driving me round the bend! :rolleyes:

This happend to me once a few years ago, but it was a lad at school my mate liked. and what we ... sorry...I did, was taking the card she's writtin and putting it on his desk, with his full name on it, so there would be no mistake who it was for... and she just puta mini poem and her number something about a date in it. He did call her but only to say he wasnt intrested and he was with someone, but least she knew.

In your case, get her to write it!!! she should do that at least! and find out when he's working or just put his name on the card, and put it in the letter box one morning/night so to save anyone from knowing?

just an idea!

xxxx sarah xxxx