Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

gothic coat pattern??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
anyone knoe of a site online that i might be able to find a (look at the subject) because i've desided that anything LO can do i can not do so well but have a go at ..

Luby

Comments

• Options
    i don't know of any companies who make goth patterns. your best bet is to buy a regular coat pattern and alter it to fit what you're thinking of. or just draft your own pattern.

you can buy patterns from most fabric/haberdashery shops, or from www.sewingpatterns.com.
  • Options
    It wouldn't need to be a gothic coat pattern, just a regular coat pattern made with some gothic material and maybe with a few extras sewn on.
  • Options
    try looking in charity shops for gothic looking coats...

buy one, then unpick all the seams and draw around all the pieces... and voila... a gothic coat pattern..

Ilora x
  • Options
    im pretty sure keepin the coat in 1 piece would be an easier idea since hopefully shes trying 2make a coat from the pattern rather than just 'ooo iv got a coat pattern, isnt it pretty' :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by freak
    im pretty sure keepin the coat in 1 piece would be an easier idea since hopefully shes trying 2make a coat from the pattern rather than just 'ooo iv got a coat pattern, isnt it pretty' :p

errrrm.

i don't know how much you know about sewing, but when you're trying to make something, you start of with lots of flat pieces and sew them together.

so ilora's idea was a pretty good one. although to get an exact replica you have to take into consideration seam allowances, darts, and construction lines.
  • Options
    nah i know how clothes are made (made a few myself)

i just meant it would probably be easier to keep the charity shop coat rather than take it appart+use it for a pattern if not making any oadjustments+therefore ending up with an exact copy of the original
  • Options
    but the point of having the pattern in the first place was to make a coat out of the fabric she chose.

i'm sure if she just wanted to buy a ready-made coat, she would have asked where to buy coats, and not where to buy patterns.
  • Options
    oh ok oopsie, sorry