Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

xanex

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
All I really know is that this is a panic disorder drug. Has anybody ever taken it? (not for the intended use) Somebody suggested it to me but I didn't get the chance to ask what its like. Would it be more like on the vallium side of things or on the adderall? (Sorry for my horrible made up spectrum :p)

Comments

• Options
    No, it would be nothing like adderal what so ever, adderal is a mix of amphetamines and therefore a stimulant.

It is in the same group of drugs as Valium, it is a benzo, same as Temazepan.

So in most ways it will be very similar to Valium, however I think it has a longer half life. I've also heard it has a slightly higher euphoria than valium, but of course thats only really in the downer type of way.

To my mind there really isnt any point in abusing downers, you do a lot and fall alseep and thats about it. Some people like them though.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Erowid's page here
  • Options
    Now even the mods are recomending erowid, susie will be here soon, I'm sure thesite has an excellent page on benzos.
  • Options
    Well personally i find that benzos are benzos, they are not much different from one to another. I used to take em for severe anxiety, but long term they just made me fucked up and kinda delusioned...But once in a while theyre pretty fun with some pot , making you kind of drunk , your worries dissapear , youre just plain confortable...But don't abuse, they can fucking knock you out , believe me!

And I would advice you to not drink while on downers...If you care about your health.
  • Options
    I was on xanex in December due to some problems.

What it basically does is puts you out of tune and makes you really tired. You're not nervous or anxious about anything. It completely calms you down. You don't really get a high as you would from cannibus, and it doesn't really put you too out of it (like when you're drunk, for example) unless you take a lot of them at once.

From a physician's position it's pretty addictive and it does have a large half-life (I don't remember the exact amount of time). The Rx label is usually Alprazolam.

Downers aren't much fun unless that's the last option.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Now even the mods are recomending erowid, susie will be here soon, I'm sure thesite has an excellent page on benzos.

Yes we do indeed! Unfortunately it was hidden when the techies were messing about but we found it and put it back here. ;)
  • Options
    Not that I've tried Xanax or Valium, or wants to, but I get sooooooooo much email spam advertising the drugs.