Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

how to deal with good mates off weed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i have a very good male mate of mine and ever since new years he has not been smoking weed. he has become very hostile and teechy and has started trying to play mind games with people. i'm really not to sure what to do about it, and all the rest of our group arn't either. i'm sure that if he starts smoking again he will be fine but how??

is there another way???

luby the evil

Comments

• Options
    Smoke something else :p

No seriously though, tell him to occupy his time with other things.
    Does he want to stop smoking it or does he HAVE to stop smoking it because of reasons?

Did he used to smoke alot of weed before he stopped?
  • Options
    maybe he's reverted back to his normal old self ...
  • Options
    this isn't his normal self, he didn't smoke much, and he's contanly smoking roll-ups at the mo, and he's turning into a chain smoker.

he said that he doesn't want to drop out of school and he wants good grades and to have a clear head

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luby the EVIL
  • Options
    Well, what's the problem. It's his choice, if he decides not to smoke it's got nothing to do with you anyway.

There's nothing that pisses me off more than a night I decide not to do anything for whatever reason and I've got a mate going on and on trying to persuade me. :o
  • Options
    i'm just worried about what he's becoming.... he's not the Luis i met on the 22nd of december
  • Options
    well he was a stoner then, now he's back to himself being a dick really.

Does he drink?

If he dosen't want to smoke then as z0ma says it's nothing to do with anyone only himself, so fuck off out of his affairs :mad:

:p
  • Options
    Well, I wouldn't have put it so harshly, but I agree. :yes: Did you say you've only known him since last Dec anyway? Look, if you want to hang in there and hang by him, do so. If not, leave him alone because it sounds like you are trying to justify pushing him back on smoke and that's not right. This guy is trying to do something right, so encourage him or leave him alone. JMHO.
  • Options
    i'm not trying to get him smoking again, i'm just very worried.

he does drink and he wasn't much of a stoner- 4 joints in the week and 5 at weekend if he was with us lot
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    It sounds as though you may be taking it a bit personally - it shouldn't make you feel wierd if someone else chooses not to smoke.... Are you sure that its just the fact that he stopped smoking that is putting him that state of mind? Is there something else going on in his life that may have made him feel like this? And are your friend giving him a hard time for not smoking?
    he said that he doesn't want to drop out of school and he wants good grades and to have a clear head

Is this such a bad thing? If he feels like smoking is getting in the way of him doing that then its sensible to not want to, not point if you don't enjoy it, is there?
  • Options
    give him a joint