Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

new boyfriend

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
On Valentine's Day I'll have been going out with my boyfriend for exactly 3 weeks. Now, I've never had a boyfriend on Valentine's Day before - but last year, before I split up with my ex, I would have bought him jewellery or something. But with this being a new relationship, I obv want something smaller, but like what? :confused: He's not really the type to go for flowers or teddies so I'm a bit lost. Help please :)

Comments

• Options
    To think of a present anytime is bad enough, but Valentines is the worst for me as I've only been in a relationship once on Valentine's day. Sooo, what I'm saying is - I haven't a clue! :D

Mr_Wobble ; )
  • Options
    i think the best thing to do is to get each other a card and go out for a meal. forget the presents because thats a bit serious for a 3week relationship. im sure he'll appreciate not having the stress of finding you a present aswell.
  • Options
    I'm having the same problem! I've been with my blokey for 6 weeks and I don't have a clue! Sorry, that wasn't very helpful... :p
  • Options
    Well bring each other out for the night-
    One pays for the meal and drinks there and one pays for club/pub or whatever afterwards!
    After such short periods dont get too much-

Ideas:
    Maybe an engraved lighter if he smokes-
    Some aftershave-
    If he likes football- try get something from the team he supports

Also make sure he doesnt go mad on a big fancy present,
    or you might feel like a tit!
  • Options
    buy him some furry handcuffs+body paint, lots of fun for u both he he he:naughty:
    if he doesnt like them, you can always just say its a joky pressie, but as evey1 else has said i wouldnt buy him anything really really serious and expensive

have fun ;):naughty:
  • Options
    I'd just get him a Valentine's card, not a lovey dovey one such as "To my darling boyfriend" a cute or funny one, and maybe buy him a drink at the pub. But that's me.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lipsy
    i think the best thing to do is to get each other a card and go out for a meal. forget the presents because thats a bit serious for a 3week relationship.

yup. have to agree with this.

or else get a little, silly present, like a chocolate heart on a stick.

if you get him anything too expensive and initimate, he might think you're a bit of a bunny boiler.