Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

sex/emotions

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I read something the other day that said when girls have sex, a hormone is released which makes them become emotionally attached to the person with whom they are having sex. Now... I read this the day after I'd had sex with my boyfriend for the second time, and afterwards I'd been lying there thinking maybe I loved him... so this article or whatever came as a surprise! Do ya reckon it's true? I'm suspecting it is for me at least cos I like cuddling up and stuff afterwards.

Comments

• Options
    I heard that on Sex and the City :D I'm not in a relationship at the moment (nor do I want to be) but if I've had sex with someone out of a relationship, I tend to view it for what it is - just sex. But I'm the sort of person who thinks with their head and not their heart when it comes to these matters so I suppose it can vary a lot with different people. I used to like having a cuddle with my ex after sex but for us back then, it was a lot more than just a physical thing so perhaps it's true when I'm thinking differently. Hormones are mysterious things.
  • Options
    yeh everytime someone makes me cum i think i love them. but then my head steps in and says "no you dont he's just good in bed"
  • Options
    well, self-love is good thing! hahahahahahahahaha

;)