Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

i wonder if?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey

i wonder if you guys can help?

do you think that you shud be sex buddies with a best mate or do you think it may get wierd?

thanks xxxxxxxxxxxx:chin: :banghead: :chin:

Comments

• Options
    It might start to mess up your emotions for them.

I dunno :confused: I'm just guessing :p
  • Options
    Yes, it could work. But generally one of you starts to feel more for the other, and it all ends up a bit messy, and can be awkward to stay friends with them if one of you meets someone else.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    ive ended up having a bit of a "fuck buddy"-esque type thing going on with two of my friends......in one case, she was my ex and we just kinda became the closest of friends after breaking, in the end it was like we never broke up...we spent all our time together, talked everyday, hung out together, went out together, fucked....it was a bit crazy and it made it very difficult when we met other people........the other instance was with a really old friend of mine and we slept together for afew months after she broke up with a long long long term boyfriend...that hasnt been so odd, tho shes met sumone else and we just stopped.....

....i think that if u have a strong enough friendship u can handle the sex, but it does change things .... i cant quite say how but it will effect a friendship......not necasarily destroy one tho.
  • Options
    if the friend was important enough, i don't think you should take the risk... i mean sometimes it works but unless youve talked it thru very openly one of you could have misconceptions about whats to be expected or something.... so yeah... just be very careful. dont lose a best friend.
  • Options
    Hi,

I have been sleeping with someone for three weeks and since we have been sleeping together we also became best friends and it seems great. Although I am getting stronger feelings for her but I can’t ask her for a relationship as I feel self-conscious and I know she don’t want a relationship, it can work and it can be hard, I’m working through it at this time and I know I wont lose her as a friend but she is also helping with my depression and self harming so its good.

I couldn’t ask for someone better than her. She’s the best thing I have ever had. So can it work? YES IT CAN WORK. But be careful they don’t all work out like mine did but it can do.

Good luck if you do get with a best mate.
  • Options
    Ye depends how close you are,

Im all for it- once you both know your limitations...ie: can you still go of with other people etc:
  • Options
    i reckon it's a great idea...

go for it. but only if you aren't terrified of the thought that your friendship might not last forever.
  • Options
    i got with my current b/f of 7months by starting off as fuck-buddies, bcos i wasn't really ready for a relationship, but then both of our feelings developed+now we're in lurve:heart::heart:
    it could get confusing though, if you started to like him more than he likes u, or visa verse!!
    depends upon ur situation tho.
    sorry, dunno wot else to say, but hope this helps :confused::confused: :wave:
  • Options
    Didn't know spongebob squarepants had a fuck buddy?
    That dastardly fiend :eek:
  • Options
    Originally posted by sumofallfear

I couldn’t ask for someone better than her. She’s the best thing I have ever had. So can it work? YES IT CAN WORK. But be careful they don’t all work out like mine did but it can do.

You haven't made what you have sound that great though. You've just confirmed the fact that feelings get in the way and things start to get messy. I mean, it sounds like you're still happy but you've reinforced what everyone's said about one person starting to get stronger feelings than the other.
  • Options
    Well im sorry it was only the truth but I am still happy.
  • Options
    My best mate wants to be my fuck buddy... :D

*Edited to add: I said no... no relationship, no sex (plus I'm a V and don't wanna have sex with anyone yet!) haha*

Ilora x
  • Options
    argh god id kill for a fuck buddy even if it was my best mate, providing they were female of course. I havent had sex for almost a year i didnt realise how difficult it was. argh
  • Options
    i wouldnt mind sleeping with my best mate!
  • Options
    Originally posted by AlmightyBob
    .....in one case, she was my ex and we just kinda became the closest of friends after breaking, in the end it was like we never broke up...we spent all our time together, talked everyday, hung out together, went out together, fucked....

This is exactly what happened to me! wonder how many other people who break up actually keep fucking? I've done this with two boyfriends too...
    The second time just got a bit messy really, eventually all our friends knew, and we were acting as if we were together, so I stopped it at christmas and we haven't slept together since. He does live 200 miles away though, which has probably made it a bit easier! We're still a little bit couply (we send each other goodnight texts and still use a pet name with each other), but i don't think I could have let everything stop at once, would've been far too lonely then :(