Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Why is our Sex Life Crap

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been going out with my gf for over 6 months and over the last couple of months our sex life has become really crap...We seem to only shag once a week. Although i am still very keen and want to shag my g/f loads she is not interested.. and It is really starting to piss me off.
It's got to the stage where my gf doesn't want me to see her getting changed or If she is lying on the bed in her nightie and i start stroking her legs she moves them away.

It feels she has gone off me...although she still kisses me good night and says she loves me.. But i want to relight our relationship

Any advice would be cool

Comments

• Options
    Try doing different things,
    Or try a whole night of just pleasing her or bathing or massaging each other. Introduice lots of foreplay!

Firstly try talk about, could be a case of her just not been attrated to you anymore
  • Options
    Has it occured to you that it may be nothing to do with your relationship at all? Often people will go off sex when other areas of their life are troubling them. Try to talk to your gf and get her to be open and honest about the reasons for her lack of interest. Communication is the most important part of a good sex life, after all. Be prepared that she may just have gone off of it and try to come to some decisions about how you can imporove things - use some of the other guys' suggestions and read the following features for more hints and tips:

give and take sex

Shake up your sex life

Mismatched sex drives

Good luck :)
  • Options
    perhaps she's feeling very self conscious or insecure at the moment. she may not feel attractive and so doesn't want you to see her. the only thing you can do is ask her because it's probably on her mind too.
  • Options
    people's hormones do that sometimes. just give her time, massages, talks, whatever she needs... she should talk to you about it though.
    Like Doc Luv said, try something new but romantic.
    Also she might be sick.... illness can kill sex drive completely.
  • Options
    Have you considered that maybe she is just a bit tired of being a receptacle of your sexual needs? Maybe she feels that you feel that she's an easy lay and that you need to make her feel special. Fucking her isn't a right - make sure that all her other needs are being met properly too.
  • Options
    This way, she'll aww, poor you. i sympathise, bcos ive gone through this in a way. i went off doing stuff for a while, bcos of stress with college+work, etc. sometimes are lives can affect us in wierd ways.
    i suggest you talk to your girlfriend. explain to her how much you :heart: her and how you miss being close with her. uve gotta remember though that sex isn't the most important part of a relationship, so dont try to pressure her into things. Try just spending a whole evening pleasuring her, no sex, just lots of good foreplay :naughty::naughty: This way she'll know that you really do care about how she feels+she'll hopefully loosen up.
    :D hope this work s for ya, keep us posted :p
  • Options
    Thanx guys and gals for your advice...Reading through your replies has helped...Lipsy you are right at the moment she is a bit self conscious of her body...She's been on that atkins diet and although i tell her she looks nice, and has a nice figure she thinks i'm being saracastic and taking the piss

thanks everyone
  • Options
    the atkins diet requires eating alot of meat, and well meat well reduce your sex drive. It makes u feel icky. The horniest people i've ever met are vegetarians.
  • Options
    You need to talk to her... in all likelihood it is something not at all related to you or sex directly. With my second boyfriend, I had a stomach ulcer, so sex made me feel really sick (you know, all that bouncing up and down!!) but i never thought to mention it, coz I'd gone off it, and he didn't mention it because he was scared and didn't know what was wrong, and it became a huge issue between us without either of us realising.