Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

best mates

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my best mate is hangin out with my ex alot. It really bothers me because she knows how much he hurt me-the only one who knows what he drove me to.

Trouble is I can't tell her as she will think I'm being slefish and childish but I know full well if I hung out with her ex she'd certainly havea few things to say.

I'm being too nice to her, lying, saying I don't mind them hanging out together, but its building up inside and I know I'm gonna explode and say the worng thing.

I don't know why I feel like this-I wish I didn't but she is MY best mate, not his. still I guess not anymore.

What should I do and why the hell do I feel so stupid for feeling this way-how can I not be jealous of her and him hanging out?

Comments

• Options
    Tell her how you feel, but don't make it sound offensive. I'd be pretty well pissed if a good friend of mine hung around with an ex if it seemed there was more than a friendly intention. The way I see it is you don't wanna keep dwelling on it, and wouldn't you rather someone else is the reason you're upset rather than the reason being your own tact?
  • Options
    Yeh I've told her as I couldn't face being without her and she said some really nice things to me that I never realised. She said that my ex can never give her what I do and that I'm not just a taxi buddy! She said she's not gonna see him til I can sort things out with him, which opens up a whole knew dilema!

I really need to get off my chest what my ex did/made me feel etc to him and have never done so because he has manic depression and I'm scared that if I do he will take that information and ultimatly do something stupid. Whcih even if it has meant my own snaity is compromised I've done so far.

But back to the original situation-with her and him hanging out I have to tell him and sort things out as then I can get it off my chest and no longer feel all crappy. gah life is never simple eh?
  • Options
    lol... well if it was simple then it'd get boring wouldn't it?

I know it's hard to tell 'unstable' people things that might push them over the edge but if you want to say something you should be able to. I mean if he was your boyfriend once you must be able to talk to him with a bit of honesty right?

Like you said. Get it off your chest and enjoy your life. Dwelling sucks :p
  • Options
    yeh, thats what I'm gonna do-you're right, lifes too short to spend time feelin crappy huh?!