Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Getting wet affected by eating disorder??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was talking to one a guy friend of mine about this girl he recently messed around with. He told me that when they started having sex she was wet then all of a sudden she "dried up." (those were his words) he said that he asked her about it and it was because she was anorexic and bulimic. I have never heard of that before and that has never happened to me and ive had an eating disorder for 5 years. I dont know if any of you have heard of this happening and if its because of bulimia and anorexia????

Comments

• Options
    Umm, this isn't something that I've ever heard of being a particular side effect of having an eating disorder, but a woman's hormones are often affected when she isn't eating properly so it could be related to this. There is no rhyme or reason to natural lubrication and this is probably quite a common problem that could happen to anyone. However,if you want to try and find out more you could always contact the Eating Disorders Association, who may be able to help:

Eating Disorders Association
    Helpline: 0845 634 1414 (8.30am-8.30pm weekdays). Youth helpline (under 18s): 0845 634 7650 (4pm-6.30pm weekdays).
    www.edauk.com
    info@edauk.com
  • Options
    i dont know how she could be both? i doubt any doctor would diagnose anyone as both, but i dont get like that and im bulimic
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    i dont know how she could be both? i doubt any doctor would diagnose anyone as both, but i dont get like that and im bulimic

When I was admitted into a hospital for eating disorder and other things, they wanted to know everything ive done. Since i didnt eat and when i did, I threw it up, i was diagnosed both anorexia and bulimia.
  • Options
    If she is bulimic and anorexic, she would, I assume, have self-esteem issues.

A dry vagina that is tight and ocntracted during sex (vaginismus) is often caused by psychological worries about sexual intercourse, and is common in those who have been raped or abused as children.

It's probably not the ED itself, but her self-esteem and depression that brought about vaginismus.