Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Bjs & condoms

I don't know about most people, but how many of you actually use a condom when havin/givin a bj? Would you say you're as likely to get a std that way as thru sex? - I suppose there is the same chances but i never actually thought bout it, mayb i shud?? Oops :rolleyes:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yea same chances but not alot of ppl do it.
  • Options
    There are some STIswhere there is a risk of transmission through oral sex. See our STi section for more info - here.
  • Options
    i dunno if the chances r the same - but i know there's some risk. i should use them wen givin my b/f a blow job, but YEURGH!!!:crazyeyes the taste and texture is gross. i want to be able to enjoy the task as well as my b/f, not just feel sick!!!!
    :p
  • Options
    No. I dont care about the risks, that taste is awful.
  • Options
    whats the point of a condom... u cant catch hiv from a blowjob :P
    hahaha... how can u feel someone sucking with a condom on...

ok maybe you can... i dunno :confused:
  • Options
    I'll use condoms sometimes. The risks are slightly different to sex but there are still risks, especially if there are cuts in the mouth etc, nothing is 100% I suppose. During the training I had to teach sex ed, we tried out flavoured condoms (not like that!) and they weren't too bad. I suppose it's just up to an individual to be aware of the facts, and if they think any possible risks outweigh the benefits, it's up to them.
  • Options
    Originally posted by SeventhWave
    whats the point of a condom... u cant catch hiv from a blowjob :P
    hahaha... how can u feel someone sucking with a condom on...

ok maybe you can... i dunno :confused:

Actually, you can. Infections (including HIV) can be transmitted via cuts in your mouth, lips and throat. As I said earlier, read up on STIs with our factsheets. It's much better to arm yourself with the facts rather than going on heresay.
  • Options
    I've been told they can feel it. Especially if you get the ultra sensitive ones. I do like the flavored ones, too. Safer and not so messy.
  • Options
    what do flavered ones taste like..?
  • Options
    Originally posted by lefthandman
    what do flavered ones taste like..?

Usually some kind of flavour...
  • Options
    Originally posted by spongebobsgirl
    i dunno if the chances r the same - but i know there's some risk. i should use them wen givin my b/f a blow job, but YEURGH!!!:crazyeyes the taste and texture is gross. i want to be able to enjoy the task as well as my b/f, not just feel sick!!!!
    :p

your av is ace!! lol.

and i think giving bj's with condoms on are mingin, they taste horrible and the flavoured ones taste nothing like they should! (imo)
  • Options
    The mint ones do. It's been a while, I've been with the same person for five years so we don't need it. :yes:
  • Options
    Yeh - there are risks to giving bj's minus a condom, just as there are with intercourse without a condom...

Though in the past I've never used them because I've only given bj's to guys i've been together with - so i figure that I trust them; though I do recognise this is naive really!
  • Options
    Originally posted by go_away
    During the training I had to teach sex ed, we tried out flavoured condoms (not like that!)

if not like that, then how like? I'm intrigued :)
  • Options
    You can catch STIs through oral sex- if you have a cut in your mouth, you CAN catch AIDS, but even if you don't have a cut: do you fancy getting herpes in the back of your mouth?
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    if not like that, then how like? I'm a pervert :)

So true.
  • Options
    awwww poor shyboy
  • Options
    if the person giving the blow job has any sorta cuts (even cracked lips) and you have a sti, obviously not all of em but yeah they could
  • Options
    its a risk, but everything holds risks, id rather not think about it when doing the job, and i wouldnt wanna suck on rubber, the taste and smell of condoms is too euch anyway, more than 'man taste'