Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

So Girls .. if your man cheated on you ...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
And you found out it was with another man .. would that be better or worse then cheating on you with another woman?

Comments

• Options
    Better in the sense that it wouldn't damage my self-esteem as much as if another woman were better than me.

But worse in a more long-term sense... if he turned out to be gay and I were really serious about him, then it would be a bit of a shame really.
  • Options
    that's happened :|

and it's just as bad. cheating is cheating, whether it's with a man, woman, dog, whatever.

the point is not who he slept with, it's that he went behind your back and slept with anyone.
  • Options
    If a man turned gay that wouldnt make the girl look too good would it.
  • Options
    Cheating is cheating, no matter who it's with. It's a complete betrayal of trust. :mad:

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Just thought I should add that while my post might have seemed a bit flippant, all I was doing was saying the relative adv's and disadv's of both situations - if course I also think that either way it would be horrible! I'm lucky that I've never been cheated on but while I was still with my last boyfriend, I was worried enough about him spending a lot of time with another girl - it turned out to be pretty much platonic, but I was so jealous - I'd have been a complete wreck if he'd cheated!
  • Options
    you'd fuck em up [/postwhore]
  • Options
    i don't think either could be better or worse but if my bloke cheated on me with another man i would be seriously freaked.
  • Options
    It's hard to say. Both would be painful beyond words but the fact that it's another man would make me feel like there's something I can't offer him as a woman. I would also feel deceived; him not telling me the truth about his sexuality. I think it might be worse if it were with another man. Just the thought of it tears me up.
  • Options
    I think it'd be easier for her to handle.

She'd still make sure no-one ever heard the end of how much of a bastard he was though, even though her nagging probably drove him away :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I know someone who that happened too. Well kind of. His ex wife left him for another woman.

I think I'd be thinking...what did I so that's so bad to turn them gay? :eek2:
  • Options
    i would stab the both of them and blame it on there sick urges and not me
  • Options
    Sooooooo much better if he shagged a bloke, of course id be devastated that he betrayed me but id get over it so much quicker. A bloke can give him things i cant :p A woman can do exactly the same things that i can so id probably end up hating myself and dumping him....

but being the loved up person i am, id take him back a few weeks later!
  • Options
    worse if its another woman. If it was a bloke, then its not a reflection on me, he was obviously after something I could never give him, but if it was a woman, id think what has that bitch got that I havent got.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    She'd still make sure no-one ever heard the end of how much of a bastard he was though, even though her nagging probably drove him away :rolleyes:

thats my mums life story, but my dad didnt run away with another man thankfully
  • Options
    Probably worse cos there would probably be no way of sorting it out, or the problems that caused it because he would probably be gay.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    At least you'd have a new shopping partner :)

(and you always wondered why he tried so many clothes on)
    yeah my clothes!oh shit come to think of it........
  • Options
    i did

got over it

even though he was cheating on me with my ex
  • Options
    If it was a choice between the two, I'd like my boyfriend to cheat on me with a man. If that were the case, I would know that there was absoloutely nothing I could do to prevent it, that it wasn't through any inadequacy on my part (apart from my lack of penis) and that it was a natural inclination that he couldn't avoid. Where as if it were with another woman, I'd feel like it was all my fault and it would make me feel really bad about myself.
  • Options
    Originally posted by almost_innocent
    If it was a choice between the two, I'd like my boyfriend to cheat on me with a man. If that were the case, I would know that there was absoloutely nothing I could do to prevent it, that it wasn't through any inadequacy on my part (apart from my lack of penis) and that it was a natural inclination that he couldn't avoid. Where as if it were with another woman, I'd feel like it was all my fault and it would make me feel really bad about myself.

You are more than welcome to your own opinions and beliefs but from my P.O.V., cheating is cheating. He's still deceiving you, lying to you and making love with someone else when he's still with you.