Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

...girls on the pull....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've just come back from a night out clubbin, and i was just thinkin to myself, why is it that geezers always have to make the first move on women? They always tend to dance around the lads implying what they want, but never actually go for 'the kill' so to speak, just my thoughts...

Comments

• Options
    it was me who asked mr. kaffrin out. it was me who asked him to kiss me. and later on it was me who asked him to move in with me.

it'll probably be me who asks him to marry me.

he's shy and laid back, i'm impatient. you don't ask, you don't get.

not all girls are such pusses :p
  • Options
    You should come clubbing with me and perfect***day sometime. No man can escape...
  • Options
    yeh i've made the first move in clubs plenty of times.
  • Options
    Was out on Sat night and two of the girls I was with made the move on me first-

In general its just the given thing-
    I mean most women want to be declared equals in everything-
    but yet they still want us to be gentlemen?:confused:

Gentlemen as in opening doors, paying for meals and drinks and not slagging or hitting women(dont condone this in any way just making a poinbt!)
    Surely if were equal they should open doors for us at times give us there jackets when were cold, and take a bit of abuse and the odd slap without whimpering over it (again im totally against hitting women here)
    So how can we be equal yet complete gentlemen?

Similarily, men asking women out is the "done thing" by and large so to speak, while many women will now ask a bloke out etc: its still much more common for the bloke to make the move!
  • Options
    They must have all been reading "the rules". Which says, never make the first move or approach a man. I tend to agree. That way, if they approach you, you know they like you, they are not just settling for you because you offered yourself to them.

If I am single, and go out, I might go and dance near a nice looking guy and maybe smile at him, but I wouldn't go up and start talking to him. I think that is a mans job.

Equality doesn't mean men and women are the same. I am traditional and expect to be treated as a lady!
  • Options
    Originally posted by lisa simpson's saxophone
    You should come clubbing with me and perfect***day sometime. No man can escape...
    :yes:

They don't even get a chance to make the first move.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Docter Lurve
    Gentlemen as in opening doors, paying for meals and drinks and not slagging or hitting women(dont condone this in any way just making a poinbt!)
    Surely if were equal they should open doors for us at times give us there jackets when were cold, and take a bit of abuse and the odd slap without whimpering over it (again im totally against hitting women here)
    So how can we be equal yet complete gentlemen?

why do you have to? all most women ask for is respect. and they should give the same to you. which means maybe if you get to the door first, you'll open it for us. but you know, if we get to the door first, we'll open it for you.

and if she doesn't open it for you, she's a twat, and not worth your time.
  • Options
    I always open doors for guys and stuff, and most of the time i ask guys i like out, im usually the one to make the first move. I dnt like waiting around for him to pluck up the currage i get impatiant and end up doing it myself even tho i want to be asked out and treated like a lady. ah well.
  • Options
    Originally posted by PussyKatty
    never make the first move or approach a man. I tend to agree. That way, if they approach you, you know they like you, they are not just settling for you because you offered yourself to them.

But why would we approach you (girls in general) if we don't know you like us.

Just because this works one way, doesn't mean it doesn't the other way round.
  • Options
    well, I'll make the move if I'm feeling confident and if they appear interested :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    why do you have to? all most women ask for is respect. and they should give the same to you. which means maybe if you get to the door first, you'll open it for us. but you know, if we get to the door first, we'll open it for you.

and if she doesn't open it for you, she's a twat, and not worth your time.

Ye we get their first and hold it open, we get there secxond and we have to let them through first, ladies first...
    Equality doesn't mean men and women are the same

Then what exactly does the equal in equality stand for :confused:
    Double standards is all im saying,