Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Over tired

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Over the past week I have been so tired and even though I get enough sleep nothing seems to help :( any suggestions why this could be?

Comments

• Options
    you could have too much on your mind and need to clear your head before bed, see your doctor if they can help?
  • Options
    Re: Over tired
    Originally posted by *lil~miss*
    Over the past week I have been so tired and even though I get enough sleep nothing seems to help :( any suggestions why this could be?

I'm like that every night :(
  • Options
    Re: Over tired
    Originally posted by *lil~miss*

Excitement, stress, exercise, nervousness and diet all affect your sleep. If you've had a sudden change of routine with any of them it could be the reason until your body gets used to the changes.

Try having a warm bath, reading a book, listening to some music or having a hot drink (not coffee) before you go to bed. Your body should sort itself out, If your problems carry on ask your GP.

I'm sure they must have made a page about this? do a search.
  • Options
    it could be a whole load of things. if you can't think of anything you're doing differently, might be worth a trip to the doctor.

i've been tired constantly for about 6 months now, and no one has a clue why. if i sleep for less that 10 hours a night i can barely function until i've had a nap.

i've been checked out, and i don't have glandular fever, my blood count is normal, and my thyroid function tests came back normal. they're the normal culprits.
  • Options
    Check out our features on sleep here and the following websites may help, too:

http://www.sleepcouncil.org.uk/

http://www.bettersleep.org/

;)
  • Options
    Don't forget that getting too much sleep can also make you more tired (as stupid as it sounds).

I know this may not be nor sound like a perfect solution, but try getting a little less sleep. Kaffrin, I don't know if this is anything to do with any meditation you may be taking as well... A lot of the things my mother takes for her various depression related things affect her greatly in sleep/weight etc etc.

I know from experience that the body gets used to a certain amount, and so when it is deprived of this amount it "complains".

Yeah - if you are needing 10 hours a night PLUS a nap and it's not related to anything obvious - try cutting down the sleep you get over a few days/couple of weeks until it is down to 7.5 or 8 hours... May do the trick! :)

G.
  • Options
    I've given up drinking beer etc for a week and i'm finding it hard to sleep, maybe your missing something. Also I wake up feeling really bad, it's not good. not good at all. Damn uni make me get up at 9 am every day :crazyeyes :naughty:

Bopz