Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Tips on asking women out

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im 14 and I've never approached a girl at all. I really like this girl in my school though I don't know her personally. I don't have her in any of my classes this semester. Can anyone give me tips when I bump into her or something?

Comments

• Options
    Dont go straight in there and ask her out (well you could but...) just talk to her a bit. Get to know her. School is as good a place as any I guess. When you know her a bit better ask if she wants to hang out after school or something :)
  • Options
    Smile at her, ask her how she is, show her you've noticed her. Look her in the eye.

Is she in any of your classes at all? Make an effort to sit next to her and as shyboy said, get to know her a bit better.

Then when you do, see if you can pluck up the courage to ask her out :)
  • Options
    have you actually talked to her?

just get your mate to ask her out for you...
  • Options
    make friends with her first, you might not like her when you talk to her.
  • Options
    Under no circumstances use the phrase
    "Oi, bitch - date me!"
    I've found that usually doesn't get very far...

Just talk to her, hang around her, get to know her, and them come out with some extremely cheesy line like "I'd like to get to know you better" or whatever.

You could also try asking her out casually, like "You doing anything this weekend? ______ has just come out, want to see it?", so it's not necessarily a date, it could just be two freinds going to see a film :angel:

Just be yourself, and good luck :)
  • Options
    i love guys chasing after me and being very romantic and stuff a red rose on valentines day would be very nice
  • Options
    Dont mean to sound Harsh- but why do you like this girl?

She is not your classes and you dont know her personally, so so to speak you only know her to look at?
    try talking to her!!!! Start with a simple hello or a smile now and again...dont just jump in there !
    Kids :rolleyes:
  • Options
    She keeps popping up every now and then near me talking so some other fellas. I like to eavesdrop alot and based on what I hear she seems very outgoing, caring and did I mention hot?
  • Options
    You need to make friends with her first, without even thinking about going out with her. I mean, you don't want to become friends with her because you want to go out with her, both you and her have to believe that you genuinely want to be friends with her. If it develops further, great, if not, you have a good female friend (who can give you advice on other girls!).
  • Options
    Originally posted by Arreat
    I like to eavesdrop alot

:eek2: Dude. Listen to me. Go up to her. Say hi. You are on a dangerous path at the moment - you're too worried to talk to her but if you continue the way you're going you'll end up stalking her which is a terrifying experience for anyone!

Just go up to her and say hi - trust me it's the best thing you can do!