Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

part time coppers.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
having read whowheres views on homeless people ...people who smoke pot and so on and his eagerness to prosecute ...now being a part time cop ...i have changed my views about having our streets policed by such unprepared wallies!
whowhere hasn't even started the job yet and he talks about misstreating the homeless ...capturing and prosecuting pot smokers ...surly the last thing we want is power mad ignorants like this on our streets.
i fear for whowheres safety!

Comments

• Options
    somehow the idea of a part time cop doesn't have the same authority of a real cop, if whowhere came up and told me to put a joint out i'd head butt him, sorry but thats the reality.
    Also, these part time cops could have a strong hatred for certain people of our commnity and will target these specifically, i say drop this stupid idea
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    if whowhere came up and told me to put a joint out i'd head butt him, sorry but thats the reality.

and its also reality that your gonna get nicked for doing that, your choice i suppose.
    Wether you like his views or not he has a job to do. Also the power thing could go to his head, having a bit of authority and stuff like that but lets face it after a couple of months when he is sick of the paperwork i dont think he will be that keen on nicking everyone :D
  • Options
    Well I'm sure there are full time policemen/women who are just as narrow minded as to what their priorities are. I'm sure there are policemen who look forward to nicking blacks, gay people, pot smokers, the homeless, drunks. Everyone is prejudiced in one way and another. I think people like Whowhere ( not a personal attack, but you are the person who was brought up) could be sorted out if they were actually assigned jobs, instead of " go out and keep the peace."
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I've had my share of run ins the the old bill and in my experience hobby bobbies are just in it for the power trip. The most unreasonable, least street wise coppers out there are the part time ones. Generally I hgave repect for the police (this coming form someone that's seen his fair share of trouble) but all of the part timers I've ever met have been complete C*nts.

IMO
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    it's going to be a serious reality shock for the poor guy when he sees one of his colleagues snort a line of coke ...or one of them takes only some of someones weed off them ...for a smoke later.
    while these playtime policemen are licienced to harrass 14 yr olds for having a spliff ...how are they going to deal with 1/2 a dozen big fuck off hells angels having a toke?
    no propper training ...obviously little understanding of the bigger picture and yet they are given authority and power. it can't work for long cos it cannot be right.
  • Options
    Bulls faeces! :) What we need are full time coppers on the beat not some title added to their name to make wrongdooers feel more comfortable.

A major overhall of policing in the country and the law in general is necessary to cut crime. Not softly softly approaches.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Braineater

A major overhall of policing in the country and the law in general is necessary to cut crime. Not softly softly approaches.
    i agree and i believe jail should be tough. mostly jail is very tough.
    i think we'd dissagree about what is softly softly though.
  • Options
    Where did I say about mistreating the homeless exactly?

I hate drugs because like I just wrote this country is going to hell because of them.

Yes, I'll have power, hopefully the power to make a difference to the community I'll be based in. I didn't get into the job for the power, if I wanted real power I'd join the military, or get a job making the policies, not just trying to enforce them.

I'm not looking forward to nicking blacks, gays or drug users, I'm not looking forward to arresting anybody. For you to suggest that I may be racist is fucking typical isn't it. "He's in the police, he must hate blacks".

And as for getting a head butt, you can try, I've got just as much authority as a regular cop and as much training, difference being I'll be on the streets more often taking care of the things that annoy the MAJORITY of the population. Because at the end of the day that's what it boils down to. The MAJORITY hate the drugs, they hate the crime associated with it and want to see the criminals caught.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whowhere

I hate drugs because like I just wrote this country is going to hell because of them.

Yes, I'll have power, hopefully the power to make a difference to the community I'll be based in. I didn't get into the job for the power, if I wanted real power I'd join the military, or get a job making the policies, not just trying to enforce them.

I'm not looking forward to nicking blacks, gays or drug users, I'm not looking forward to arresting anybody. For you to suggest that I may be racist is fucking typical isn't it. "He's in the police, he must hate blacks".

And as for getting a head butt, you can try, I've got just as much authority as a regular cop and as much training, difference being I'll be on the streets more often taking care of the things that annoy the MAJORITY of the population. Because at the end of the day that's what it boils down to. The MAJORITY hate the drugs, they hate the crime associated with it and want to see the criminals caught.
    you can count me out of accusing you of being a racist for a start ...or threatening to head butt you!
    if you could be bothered to educate yourself about the truth you would be doing yourself and your fellow citezens a big favour.
    read the book i reccomended and tell me what difference you can possibly hope to make with your attitude of ...'they'll be sorry ...i'll nick 'em all". edited to add ...
    do you think aladin is going to become a dribbling wrteck? do you think i already am one ...having smoked this stuff for 36yrs?
  • Options
    Im all for having 'part time'coppers on the beat. Having some presence will make normal people like myself feel a bit safer.

Whowhere Im not saying you will love the power but being new in the job I personally feel that the first time you nick people you will get a buzz. After a while it will wear off, but for anyone new in the job I feel they all will probably react the same way.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Having some presence will make normal people like myself feel a bit safer.

your normal! we're doomed i tell ya ...doomed.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    your normal! we're doomed i tell ya ...doomed.

lol, well half normal :p
  • Options

What a well thought out opinion. Bet your mum's proud of you.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    and here was me thinking the country was going to hell through shit lying politicians and dodgy fucking business men ...lack of investment etc etc.
  • Options
    Nah... it's all those evil people who smoke joints who are to blame.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Nah... it's all those evil people who smoke joints who are to blame.
    you just qualified to hand out on the spot fines and prosecute people for ...well for whatever you dissagree with!
  • Options
    Actually I don't trust the police in the slightest and apart from the odd joint I don't really break the law. Some of them are pricks, seriously... but I've met about two who were sound.
  • Options

i didn't mean you specifically whowhere i meant anyone of the part time cop title, so whowhere, your walking down the estate and you see 4 teens sitting having a smoke of a joint minding their own business, would you go over and tell them to put it out and if you would, why mite i ask? but i'm sure it's ok if 4 20 yr olds come out of the pub pissed to high heaven shouting and singing because the MAJORITY of people drink and it's legal,
  • Options
    why mite i ask?

BECAUSE IT'S ILLEGAL. I'm not about to question the whys and the buts, that's not my job, that's the job of the courts. I'd have every right to ask them to stop, as wouldn anybody. I'd question why they needed to do it outside in full view anyway, instead of doing it in the privacy of their own homes. If they're outside, flouting the law then that's their problem, but they make it my problem too.

As for the drunkards, I'd have the power to sort them out as well. The whole point of my job is to cut out anti-social behaviour. It doesn't matter if the teens smoking a joint think they are harmless, if the local residents think they aren't then they are being anti-social.
    I don't know about you, but most people I've spoken to agree that the sight of a gang of teens standing outside a shop is intimidating. They may be harmless, but their presence disrupts the lives of the MAJORITY who live there.

And Blagsta, everyone is entitled to their opinion, you've seen for yourself that drugs ruin lives but you still continue to advocate them. That's your opinion.
    TBH I don't give a shit about the users as long as they keep themselves to themselves, if they do it at home or out of the public eye then who gives a toss right? I only care when they need to find the money from somewhere, and usually from someone innocent.
    I object to drugs when you get turf wars in major cities. About 2 people are shot in a city alone every week, because of drugs.

I object to drugs because on the whole the majority of drug users DONT keep themselves to themselves, they let their addiction control them and not the other way round.
  • Options
    somehow the idea of a part time cop doesn't have the same authority of a real cop, if whowhere came up and told me to put a joint out i'd head butt him, sorry but thats the reality.
    oooo you're 'ard.
    --
    Seriously I cannot believe how naive people are. Like Whowhere said, the police enforce the law, they don't make it. If their are grey areas with smoking a joint, it's the system's fault.
    Also what gets on my tits is people who moan about drug laws.
    Oh you bad Mr Policeman for stealing that 14 year olds's spliff, how could
    you, that's going to ruin his evening. I got pissed and smoked spliffs and
    if back then I'd have got my collar felt it would have been my own bloody fault.
    Cracking down on anti-social behaviour is the plan and a good one it is.
    Youths make a lot of people scared to walk the streets.

Oooo let's never arrest anyone. let's have no laws, promote drugs, they're good for you!

Anyone who thinks that all Police are on a power trip should stop stereotyping, just because they had a bad experience, or their mate did.
    When I finally get in, I'm not planning on trying to win the championship league of arrests, minor arrests don't do anyone any favours, with the amount
    of paperwork their is.
    People should just shut up and look at the good side, our police force
    ranks among the best in the world. Stop taking them for granted.
  • Options
    And Blagsta, everyone is entitled to their opinion, you've seen for yourself that drugs ruin lives but you still continue to advocate them.

Where do I advocate drugs? What I advocate is education and knowledge. Something which you need quite badly by the looks of it.
  • Options
    I object to drugs when you get turf wars in major cities. About 2 people are shot in Nottingham in St Anns alone every week, because of drugs.

No, because of prohibition.
  • Options

So the smack addicts enhance the local landscape of Edinburgh then, I suppose?
  • Options
    BECAUSE IT'S ILLEGAL. I'm not about to question the whys and the buts, that's not my job, that's the job of the courts.

I think that's the first time I've ever agreed with Whowhere :eek2:

The police are paid to uphold the law, if it's a stupid law or one you don't agree with then you should be petitioning Government to change it, not slagging off the police for doing their job properly.
  • Options
    Also, these part time cops could have a strong hatred for certain people of our commnity and will target these specifically, i say drop this stupid idea

You can't tell the difference between Special Constables and "real cops". They wear the same uniform, the badge is slightly different.

Oh, and they have the same authority so if you head-butt one of them there's a strong chance you'll accidentally fall over onto your face from the back of the van at the cop shop.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    So the smack addicts enhance the local landscape of Edinburgh then, I suppose?

Pardon? :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    I think that's the first time I've ever agreed with Whowhere :eek2:

The police are paid to uphold the law, if it's a stupid law or one you don't agree with then you should be petitioning Government to change it, not slagging off the police for doing their job properly.

The police turn a blind eye to crimes all the time. Its called using disgression.
  • Options
    The police turn a blind eye to crimes all the time. Its called using disgression.

I don't think they turn a blind eye so much as they don't report everything they see- if a kid smoking some weed puts it out when a copper asks then nothing more will be said about it. I don't even think Whowhere would go to the trouble of booking a kid having a toke:p

Oh, and it's discretion:)
  • Options
    No, because of prohibition.

So because people kill each other about an illegal act then that act should become legal?

Please explain to me how that works...
  • Options
    Pardon? :confused:

Not a valid comparison really.