Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Breaking me in!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm taking my first pill tomorrow at my friends house, it'll be three of us, one of them has done it loads but me and my other friend, it'll be our first time so any information would be appreciated. We're really nervous but excited aswell!

Comments

• Options
    As always, safety is the most important thing. Before you do drop if you are having feelings of not being up for it, don't do it. Don't just go ahead with it because you've pre-planned it and you don't want to disappoint.

Obviously, start off small - drop a half at first. Keep some water nearby, taking regular long sips, but don't drink too much. Not drinking and drinking too much are extremely dangerous when you're on pills, but it is easy to find the medium - just listen to your body.

Do you know the source from which the pills are coming from? Make sure you know what you're taking.

If your mate has taken pills before, as them for advice - they'll take you under their wing as it were and will be able to see if there's any problems emerging and act properly (hopefully).

Make sure you don't have much to do the next day, the comedown can be quite harsh, you'll probably be easily irritated, a bit depressed maybe, etc. It's best to keep the day as free as possible.

There's been loads of threads just like this one, do a search for more detailed information and advice. Or check the MDMA vault on erowid, there's several FAQ's, etc you can read through.

Just relax, especially if you've got someone who's experienced in pills, you'll be in safe hands. Have a good night. :thumb:
  • Options
    but why take pills if the following day your gonna feel shit ? (or may feel shit) :confused:

I cant see the point.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    why drink if the following day you're going to feel like shit?

True, good point.

The way Zoma has written that post kinda scared me. Having not done drugs I know nothing, but why watch what you drink ? what are you gonna get out of taking pills? will you be aware what you did whilst taking pills ?
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    True, good point.

The way Zoma has written that post kinda scared me. Having not done drugs I know nothing, but why watch what you drink ? what are you gonna get out of taking pills? will you be aware what you did whilst taking pills ?

Sorry, I didn't mean to phrase it so it'd scare people away from doing MDMA - why would I want people to miss possibly the best euphoria someone can experience? :p

That said, it's best people know exactly what to expect before they take a pill, if they stumble into it blindly they could easily find it too intense or experiencing something totally different to how they imagined..

It all comes down to the individual at the end of the day Becky, if the positive aspects outweigh the negative (ie. the comedown) then obviously doing pills will seem like a good idea to them, and vice versa.

The comedown, for me, are tolerable off pills (speed comedowns are vicious bastards, always felt like utter death the next day). Generally, you'll just want to sit and chill out with a bit of music, tv and a few joints (note: this is the best way to spend the following day - followed by a nice, hot bath). Your stomach will probably feel a bit uneasy and empty, but more than likely you won't be able to eat much at all. After a nice sleep all this will have gone and you'll be back to feeling fine. Some people report depression a few days after but I can't day I've ever experienced this.

Why do people do it? Simple: the feeling. Pure bliss. Some people may not be a fan of it; I am - it's gorgeous. It's a flexible drug too, I can quite easily sit at a mates house, listening to a bit of music, chatting utter bollocks and smoking a few joints, whereas still it can be just as good at a rave - I think that adds to it's credability.

Like I said, if people think the negative outweighs the positive that's fair enough, it's up to them - the comedown can really put some people off.

And yes, I can always remember clearly what I did when I've been on pills. The only time I haven't remembered a massive chunk of the night was when I was pissed before hand and carried on drinking while I was up. We ended up halfway across town meeting someone we t hought was someone else. :razz:
  • Options
    I'm really looking forward to it! Zoma I sent you a PM aaages ago today.:)
  • Options
    True, good point.

will you be aware what you did whilst taking pills ?
    very.
  • Options
    So how much would it cost for a pill ?

and how can you be sure its an ok pill and not something totally different ?
  • Options
    So how much would it cost for a pill ?

and how can you be sure its an ok pill and not something totally different ?
    thats the problem with things being illegal as opposed to controlled ...you can't be 100% sure. you do learn however where to buy for reasonable surity.
    but ...how can you be sure of anything ...muller rice puddings have just been withdrawn ...the apple flavoured ones ...seems they could be dangerous. are you going to go insane from a burger you ate 10 yrs ago before the authorities realised our beef supply was infected? how many cars get recalled cos of a fualt with the brakes ...how much poison chicken is waiting just round the corner for you ...?
  • Options
    Originally posted by J
    If you are going to do them don't fall into a trap of taking them every weekend, they will mash your brains up, and a good brain can be handy thing to have.
    If you are going to become a regular maybe participate a few times a year. Sounds boring but the effects will be better and your health, the most important thing, will benefit.

I couldn't agree more here. I loved them so much that I actually fell into doing them all weekend every weekend. I can't deny that it was a fun time, but it did fuck my head over so much. I lost quite a bit of weight via it and guess I didn't look my best the whole time, and I know I started to get really paranoid about things and thing people were against me.

It's essential you find a medium, don't overdo it.

And Becky - street price, you can normally get anything from 3 to 5 pills for £10. In a club you're looking at £5 a piece.

You can't guarentee a 'good' pill, you've just got to find a supplier who you think is reliable and just rely on word of mouth about a particular brand (however, just because a pill has a smiley face on it, it may be a completely different batch to the smiley faces a mate ate and thought were "fuckin' spot on"). :p

'Bad' pills are rare, I've never heard of anyone fucking up on a pill and ending up in hospital. If you think about the whole thing economically, it would be stupid to produce 'bad' pills because people would simply not come back for more, and they're left with possibly thousands of pills that the majority of people are wary of.
  • Options
    ive always been interested in tryin E but.....theres always an undelrying fear of being the next headline to die on the stuff.... u know? its probably quite an unfounded fear at that but i dont think itd leave me no matter how much im reassured so not much chance of me ever trying it.....

....is it possible to have just a bad reaction to E itself and land in hospital cuz of it? or are the few deaths from it down to not lookin after urself when ur on it (not drinkin enough/too much etc) ?
  • Options
    the thing with pills is that before n e 1 takes one they have so many pre-concieved ideas about them and what they'll do to you u don't know what to think, on one hand, your friends are saying, "yea they're the best, try them," and on the other, the media "ecstacy is the worst drug ever", that is so stupid because you very rarely see "13yr old dies from alcohol poisnoning," which happens very regularly, when i look at a pill i don't see this deadly killer that its made out to be, i just see another drug, and the truth is they ARE brilliant, yes the comedown may be shit but so is a hangover and by the time the weekend rolls around you don't think of the comedown. the tip is that when you're on your first pill is to sit with 3 or 4 friends in a house with some music on, a bit of drink and some dope and just chill out and ENJOY IT.
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    the tip is that when you're on your first pill is to sit with 3 or 4 friends in a house with some music on, a bit of drink and some dope and just chill out and ENJOY IT.

I agree with what you said in the main, but mixing drink and pills is not a good idea at all, especially if it's rheir first pill, can easily find themselves over doing it and blacking out or whatever.

Like I said, the only time I can't remember a night on pills is when I was pissed - it can be very dangerous, stimulants and depressants don't mix.

And AlmightyBob, it is possible to have a negative reaction to ecstasy, but it's very rare - something like 1 in 100,000. I suppose that's true of most things though, like people who are allergic to sunshine- it's just unfortunate. :crazyeyes
  • Options
    If you've got a cold and have been dosing up on paracetomal is it still ok to take it. Also if you have an allergy to penicillin is it ok to take E?

It's the big day today! :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Originally posted by jellygirl
    If you've got a cold and have been dosing up on paracetomal is it still ok to take it. Also if you have an allergy to penicillin is it ok to take E?

It's the big day today! :crazyeyes

my fella is allergic to penicillin and takes pills, so you should be ok...

anyhoo, have fun :D
  • Options
    There have been quite a few threads about this lately it might be worth you doing a quick search and having a read. Also go onto www.bluelight.nu they have an excellent FAQ about pills.

As far as I know there is no cross intollerance with anti-biotics.

I wouldnt also worry unduely about the water issue, just sip water or other non caffinated, non alcoholic drinks when you get thirsty, if your sitting around someones house its unlikely that you will over heat.

Pills can be testing, have a look at www.e-ztesting.com I think it is, or go to www.pillreports.com and there will be a link there. The e-z testing kit is easy and cheap. Its not totally accurate but its quite a lot better than nothing.
  • Options
    How did you get on jellygirl?

you NEVER forget your first E... my first time was wicked i felt brilliant and euphoric for about 8 hours just on 1 pill, those were the days!
  • Options
    Also i forgot to add, the comedowns when you first start doing it is fuck all, it was for me anyway.

But as years go by if you keep caining them the high is good but nothing compared to how good it was especially if you start double or triple dropping that shoots your tolorance straight up.... less is more as they say.

i`ve necked about 400 or so and i started 3 years ago, i still get quite high but the euphoria is not as strong probably through weak or poor quality pills as well as tolorance.

Maybe if i took a few years off then necked a couple it could be the old days all over again... who knows
  • Options
    Originally posted by Digital-Emotion
    Maybe if i took a few years off then necked a couple it could be the old days all over again... who knows

I know what you mean. I think pretty obviously the longer you leave it the higher you'd get off the pills, but I think regardless no pill will compare to the very first one because simply you'll know what to expect.

I remember necking my very first pill and all these thoughts racing through my head before I came up - what's it going to do to me, how am I going to feel, and when I did come up it was just WOW! Different to how I ever imagined and just so magical.

If only you could turn back time eh? :(
  • Options
    Less is more, I'd agree with that, the last time I did a pill I did 3/4 of one and I was really nicely high. I was really impressed that such a small amount got me high, and it was high rather than just being fucked.
  • Options
    i think if you left pills alone for say 5 years and necked 1 and it was like how it was from the very beginning that could prove that your brain can repair the damage whats been previously done.
  • Options
    Also, i think ecstasy is a perfect drug for any setting be it round a mates flat or in a club... as long as your comfortable in your surrondings the drug will give you the state of mind you need.

Its amazing on how i look through my old mobile phone and see how many names male and female i dont know just by people i`ve met on a night out and felt so warm towards them we`ve swapped numbers....... shame when ya straight you dont keep in touch :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Less is more, I'd agree with that, the last time I did a pill I did 3/4 of one and I was really nicely high. I was really impressed that such a small amount got me high, and it was high rather than just being fucked.

exactly, the thing is with E is it gets you thinking wow, about everything so when your thinking "i feel this good off 3/4 of a pill" your keep thinking that meaning your in a very happy state of mind... if you only dropped that much on that night i bet your comedown was a piece of piss to!
  • Options
    I'd say the pill was about 110mg of MDMA, so they were nice. And yes the comedown was easy, I was just a bit tired.
  • Options
    :mad: Was supposed to do it on monday but we couldn't get any pills from anywhere and we got the run around by someone.

So we arranged it for saturday but I haven't got any money left and my friends wont lend me it so looks like I have to wait til the time is right..I was so up for it aswell :(
  • Options
    Best to be careful really and save it for when the time is right, your first time is something that can be an experience to treasure for the rest of your life.