Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I'm jealous

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Me and my boyfriend split up 3 weeks ago and we are still really good friends. The thing is, I'm not over him and I know he isn't over me either, but he hangs around with these girls two years younger than us and I get really jealous. They don't stand a chance with him and I know he only likes them as mates but I can't control my jealousy. It is driving me mad and it might end up driving him away from me for good.
Is this normal for someone who still has feelings for someone? None of my friends understand and they all think I'm being stupid.

Comments

• Options
    Hey, I know how you feel. Its damn hard not to be jealous!! My boyfriend jus broke up with me, and if he started hanging round wit loads girls...well, he kinda does, hes mates with a lot of girls... still, im quite a jealous type, and it would hurt me. He doesnt feel the same bout me nemore though. But still, i'd be jealous.

Jealousy is one of those things that if you feel it, you just cant help it unfortunately :(

still, you should try to think of it calmly- if he doesnt have a chance, they're younger than him, n jus mates, it doesnt look likely that nethings guna heppen. dont think u've got nething to worry bout xxx
  • Options
    I am incredibly jealous even though it's 2/3 weeks since I got dumped. I can't remember much really because I haven't stayed in good contact. All that I know is everytime she talks to me she makes me incredibly jealous - every time I see her I get the jealousy in your tummy. Everytime I'm hanging out with my mates and then I'm flirting with a girl... well I see her again.

So it's time that's needed more than anything else - but I think staying away from them and not 'poking at' old feelings by staying really close with them (at least straight away) is the best advice I can give you.